Overweight Adolescents and On-time High School Graduation: Racial and Gender Disparities
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Atlantic Economic Society in its journal Atlantic Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 37 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 10A Maryland Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63108-1502 U.S.A.
Phone: (314) 454-0100
Fax: (314) 454-9109
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=112055
More information through EDIRC
Adolescents; Obesity; Overweight; BMI; On-time high school graduation; Propensity scores; Add Health; I00;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I00 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Basu, A & Polsky, D & Manning, W G, 2008.
"Use of propensity scores in non-linear response models: The case for health care expenditures,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
08/11, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Anirban Basu & Daniel Polsky & Willard G. Manning, 2008. "Use of Propensity Scores in Non-Linear Response Models: The Case for Health Care Expenditures," NBER Working Papers 14086, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph J. Sabia, 2007. "Early Adolescent Sex and Diminished School Attachment: Selection or Spillovers?," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 74(1), pages 239-268, July.
- Cohen-Cole, Ethan & Fletcher, Jason M., 2008.
"Is obesity contagious? Social networks vs. environmental factors in the obesity epidemic,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1382-1387, September.
- Ethan Cohen-Cole & Jason M. Fletcher, 2008. "Is obesity contagious?: social networks vs. environmental factors in the obesity epidemic," Risk and Policy Analysis Unit Working Paper QAU08-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- James J. Heckman, 1999.
"Policies to Foster Human Capital,"
NBER Working Papers
7288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Heckman, 2000. "Policies to Foster Human Capital," JCPR Working Papers 154, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- James Heckman, 2000. "Policies to Foster Human Capital," Working Papers 0028, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- John M. Barron & Bradley T. Ewing & Glen R. Waddell, 2000. "The Effects Of High School Athletic Participation On Education And Labor Market Outcomes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(3), pages 409-421, August.
- Heckman, James J & Ichimura, Hidehiko & Todd, Petra, 1998. "Matching as an Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(2), pages 261-94, April.
- Renna, Francesco & Grafova, Irina B. & Thakur, Nidhi, 2008. "The effect of friends on adolescent body weight," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 377-387, December.
- Jason M. Fletcher, 2008. "Adolescent depression: diagnosis, treatment, and educational attainment," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(11), pages 1215-1235.
- Trogdon, Justin G. & Nonnemaker, James & Pais, Joanne, 2008. "Peer effects in adolescent overweight," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1388-1399, September.
- Barbara Sianesi & John Van Reenen, 2003. "The Returns to Education: Macroeconomics," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(2), pages 157-200, 04.
- Andrew Cook & Beth Daponte, 2008. "A Demographic Analysis of the Rise in the Prevalence of the US Population Overweight and/or Obese," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 403-426, August.
- Joseph J. Sabia, 2007. "The Effect of Body Weight on Adolescent Academic Performance," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 871â900, April.
- John Robst & Jack Keil, 2000. "The relationship between athletic participation and academic performance: evidence from NCAA Division III," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 32(5), pages 547-558.
- Stephen V. Cameron & James J. Heckman, 1991.
"The Nonequivalence of High School Equivalents,"
NBER Working Papers
3804, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fowler, J.H. & Christakis, N.A., 2008. "Estimating peer effects on health in social networks: A response to Cohen-Cole and Fletcher; and Trogdon, Nonnemaker, and Pais," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1400-1405, September.
- John Cawley & Chad Meyerhoefer & David Newhouse, 2007. "The Correlation Of Youth Physical Activity With State Policies," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 506-517, October.
- Fletcher, Jason M. & Lehrer, Steven F., 2011. "Genetic lotteries within families," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 647-659, July.
- Andrew Sharpe & Alexander Murray, 2011. "State of the Evidence on Health as a Determinant of Productivity," CSLS Research Reports 2011-04, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.