Desempeño educativo en México: la prueba Enlace
AbstractThis article measures the relationship between a standardized test applied at the national level (Enlace) with bimontly test results at the classroom level. The results for mathematics imply that a one standard deviation increase in cumulative learning measured with the bimonthly tests increase the Enlace tests scores by 0.84 standard deviations. The result is robust to different estimation methods like quantile regression, fixed effects at the school level and mixed models. Therefore, we conclude that what it is taught in the classroom is reflected in the Enlace test.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos in its journal Estudios Económicos.
Volume (Year): 26 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Mexico; Enlace; education; standardized tests; teachers;
Other versions of this item:
- Raymundo M. Campos-Vázquez & Freddy Damián Romero Urbina, 2010. "Desempeño educativo en México: la prueba ENLACE," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios EconÃ³micos 2010-19, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O54 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- De Hoyos, Rafael E. & Espino, Juan Manuel & García, Vicente, 2012. "Determinantes del logro escolar en México. Primeros resultados utilizando la prueba ENLACE media superior," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(316), pages 783-811, octubre-d.
- Khwaja, Asim Ijaz & Andrabi, Tahir & Das, Jishnu & Zajonc, Tristan, 2009.
"Do Value-Added Estimates Add Value? Accounting for Learning Dynamics,"
4435671, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Tahir Andrabi & Jishnu Das & Asim Ijaz Khwaja & Tristan Zajonc, 2011. "Do Value-Added Estimates Add Value? Accounting for Learning Dynamics," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 29-54, July.
- Andrabi, Tahir & Das, Jishnu & Khwaja, Asim Ijaz & Zajonc, Tristan, 2009. "Do value-added estimates add value ? accounting for learning dynamics," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5066, The World Bank.
- Andrabi, Tahir & Das, Jishnu & Khwaja, Asim Ijaz & Zajonc, Tristan, 2009. "Do Value-Added Estimates Add Value? Accounting for Learning Dynamics," Working Paper Series rwp09-034, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Jesse Rothstein, 2008.
"Teacher Quality in Educational Production: Tracking, Decay, and Student Achievement,"
NBER Working Papers
14442, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jesse Rothstein, 2010. "Teacher Quality in Educational Production: Tracking, Decay, and Student Achievement," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 125(1), pages 175-214, February.
- Paul Glewwe & Nauman Ilias & Micheal Kremer, 2003.
Natural Field Experiments
00257, The Field Experiments Website.
- Derek Neal & Diane Whitmore Schanzenbach, 2007. "Left Behind By Design: Proficiency Counts and Test-Based Accountability," NBER Working Papers 13293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas J. Kane & Douglas O. Staiger, 2002. "The Promise and Pitfalls of Using Imprecise School Accountability Measures," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 91-114, Fall.
- Mizala, Alejandra & Romaguera, Pilar & Urquiola, Miguel, 2007.
"Socioeconomic status or noise? Tradeoffs in the generation of school quality information,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 61-75, September.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera & Miguel Urquiola, 2006. "Socioeconomic status or noise? Tradeoffs in the generation of school quality information," Documentos de Trabajo 225, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Thomas J. Kane & Douglas O. Staiger, 2008. "Estimating Teacher Impacts on Student Achievement: An Experimental Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 14607, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Petra E. Todd & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 2003. "On The Specification and Estimation of The Production Function for Cognitive Achievement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages F3-F33, February.
- Figlio, David N., 2006.
"Testing, crime and punishment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(4-5), pages 837-851, May.
- Thomas J. Kane & Douglas O. Staiger, 2001. "Improving School Accountability Measures," NBER Working Papers 8156, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.