Migration to cities in Burkina Faso: Does the level of development in sending areas matter?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 33 (2005)
Issue (Month): 7 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-42, March.
- Calves, Anne-Emmanuele & Schoumaker, Bruno, 2004. "Deteriorating Economic Context and Changing Patterns of Youth Employment in Urban Burkina Faso: 1980-2000," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1341-1354, August.
- Richard Bilsborrow & Thomas McDevitt & Sherrie Kossoudji & Richard Fuller, 1987. "The impact of origin community characteristics on rural-urban out-migration in a developing country," Demography, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 191-210, May.
- Fofack, Hippolyte & Monga, Celestin & Tuluy, Hasan, 2001. "Household welfare and poverty dynamics in Burkina Faso : empirical evidence from household surveys," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2590, The World Bank.
- Reardon, Thomas & Matlon, Peter & Delgado, Christopher, 1988. "Coping with household-level food insecurity in drought-affected areas of Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 1065-1074, September.
- Adama Zerbo, 2006. "Marché du travail urbain et pauvreté en Afrique subsaharienne : un modèle d’analyse," Documents de travail 129, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Black, Richard & Sward, Jon, 2009. "Migration, Poverty Reduction Strategies and Human Development," MPRA Paper 19222, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elisabeth Hyo-Chung Chung & Charlotte Guénard, 2012. "Mobilités, vulnérabilité et capital social: une analyse en milieu rural sénégalais," Working Papers DT/2012/16, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Gray, Clark L., 2009. "Environment, Land, and Rural Out-migration in the Southern Ecuadorian Andes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 457-468, February.
- Richard Black & Adriana Castaldo, 2009. "Return Migration And Entrepreneurship In Ghana And C�Te D'Ivoire: The Role Of Capital Transfers," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 100(1), pages 44-58, 02.
- Denise Stanley, 2010. "Outmigration, Human Development and Trade: A Central American Case Study," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 315-337.
- Michael Clemens, 2014. "Does Development Reduce Migration? - Working Paper 359," Working Papers 359, Center for Global Development.
- Beauchemin, Cris & Schoumaker, Bruno, 2009. "Are Migrant Associations Actors in Local Development? A National Event-History Analysis in Rural Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1897-1913, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.