Deteriorating Economic Context and Changing Patterns of Youth Employment in Urban Burkina Faso: 1980-2000
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 32 (2004)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon Appleton & John Hoddinott & Pramila Krishnan, 1996.
"The gender wage gap in three African countries,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
1996-07, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Antoine, Philippe & Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Roubaud, François, 2001. "Contraints de rester jeune ? Evolution de l’insertion dans trois capitales africaines : Dakar, Yaoundé, Antananarivo," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4744, Paris Dauphine University.
- House, William J. & Ikiara, Gerrishon K. & McCormick, Dorothy, 1993. "Urban self-employment in Kenya: Panacea or viable strategy?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 1205-1223, July.
- Fofack, Hippolyte & Monga, Celestin & Tuluy, Hasan, 2001. "Household welfare and poverty dynamics in Burkina Faso : empirical evidence from household surveys," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2590, The World Bank.
- Francis Teal & Geeta Kingdon & Justin Sandefur, 2005.
"Labor Market Flexibility, Wages and Incomes in sub-Saharan Africa in the 1990s,"
Economics Series Working Papers
GPRG-WPS-030, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Geeta Kingdon & Justin Sandefur & Francis Teal, 2006. "Labour Market Flexibility, Wages and Incomes in Sub‐Saharan Africa in the 1990s," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 18(3), pages 392-427.
- Holly E. Reed & Catherine S. Andrzejewski & Michael J. White, 2010. "Menâ€™s and womenâ€™s migration in coastal Ghana," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 22(25), pages 771-812, April.
- Simon Quinn & Francis Teal, 2008.
"Private sector development and income dynamics: A panel study of the Tanzanian labour market,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2008-09, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Francis Teal & Simon Quinn, 2008. "Private sector development and income dynamics: A panel study of the Tanzanian labour market," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2008-09, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Christophe Nordman & Laure Pasquier-Doumer, 2012.
"Vocational Education, On-the-Job Training and Labour Market Integration of Young Workers in Urban West Africa,"
DT/2012/13, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Nordman, Christophe Jalil & Pasquier-Doumer, Laure, 2012. "Vocational Education, On-the-Job Training and Labour Market Integration of Young Workers in Urban West Africa," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/10596, Paris Dauphine University.
- Beauchemin, Cris & Schoumaker, Bruno, 2005. "Migration to cities in Burkina Faso: Does the level of development in sending areas matter?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1129-1152, July.
- Dimova, Ralitza & Nordman, Christophe Jalil & Roubaud, François, 2008. "Allocation of Labour in Urban West Africa: Implication for Development Policies," IZA Discussion Papers 3558, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Scott Yabiku & Sarah Schlabach, 2009. "Social Change and the Relationships Between Education and Employment," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 533-549, August.
- Calvès, Anne E. & Kobiané, Jean-François & N’Bouké, Afiwa, 2013. "Privatization of Education and Labor Force Inequality in Urban Francophone Africa: The Transition from School to Work in Ouagadougou," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 136-148.
- Shelley Clark & Cassandra Cotton, 2013. "Transitions to adulthood in urban Kenya," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 28(37), pages 1053-1092, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.