Optimal timetables for public transportation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transportation Research Part B: Methodological.
Volume (Year): 35 (2001)
Issue (Month): 8 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/548/description#description
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- labbe, M. & Peeters, D. & Thisse, J.F., 1992.
"Location on Networks,"
9216, Universite Libre de Bruxelles - C.E.M.E..
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Small, Kenneth A, 1982. "The Scheduling of Consumer Activities: Work Trips," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 467-79, June.
- Ellis, Christopher J. & Silva, Emilson C. D., 1998. "British Bus Deregulation: Competition and Demand Coordination," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 336-361, May.
- Lam, William H. K. & Cheung, Chung-Yu & Lam, C. F., 1999. "A study of crowding effects at the Hong Kong light rail transit stations," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 401-415, June.
- Sumi, Tomonori & Matsumoto, Yoshiji & Miyaki, Yasuyuki, 1990. "Departure time and route choice of commuters on mass transit systems," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 247-262, August.
- Alfa, Attahiru Sule & Chen, Mingyuan, 1995. "Temporal distribution of public transport demand during the peak period," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 137-153, May.
- Lam, W. H. K. & Gao, Z. Y. & Chan, K. S. & Yang, H., 1999. "A stochastic user equilibrium assignment model for congested transit networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 351-368, June.
- Vickrey, William S, 1969. "Congestion Theory and Transport Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 251-60, May.
- A. de Palma & C. Fontan & O. Mekkaoui, 2000. "Trip Timing for Public Transportation : An Empirical Application," THEMA Working Papers 2000-19, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Monchambert, Guillaume & de Palma, André, 2014. "Public transport reliability and commuter strategy," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 14-29.
- De Borger, Bruno & Fosgerau, Mogens, 2012.
"Information provision by regulated public transport companies,"
42267, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- De Borger, Bruno & Fosgerau, Mogens, 2012. "Information provision by regulated public transport companies," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 492-510.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & FOSGERAU, Mogens, 2011. "Information provision by regulated public transport companies," Working Papers 2011012, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Minis, Ioannis & Keys, Eric & Athanasopoulos, Theodore, 2006. "Contribution to the design of the Athletes Bus Network during the Athens 2004 Olympic Games," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 776-791, November.
- Rapoport, Amnon & Stein, William E. & Mak, Vincent & Zwick, Rami & Seale, Darryl A., 2010. "Endogenous arrivals in batch queues with constant or variable capacity," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(10), pages 1166-1185, December.
- Paul Koster & Eric Pels & Erik Verhoef, 2013. "The User Costs of Air Travel Delay Variability," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-056/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Fosgerau, Mogens, 2009. "The marginal social cost of headway for a scheduled service," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(8-9), pages 813-820, September.
- Yin-Yen Tseng & Piet Rietveld & Erik Verhoef, 2012. "Unreliable trains and induced rescheduling: implications for cost-benefit analysis," Transportation, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 387-407, March.
- Guillaume Monchambert & André De Palma, 2013. "Public transport reliability and commuter strategy," Working Papers hal-00827972, HAL.
- Zhi-Chun Li & William Lam & S. Wong & A. Sumalee, 2010. "An activity-based approach for scheduling multimodal transit services," Transportation, Springer, vol. 37(5), pages 751-774, September.
- Salicrú, M. & Fleurent, C. & Armengol, J.M., 2011. "Timetable-based operation in urban transport: Run-time optimisation and improvements in the operating process," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 721-740, October.
- Guihaire, Valérie & Hao, Jin-Kao, 2008. "Transit network design and scheduling: A global review," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(10), pages 1251-1273, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.