Location on Networks
AbstractFacility location analysis deals with the problem of locating one or several facilities with regard to existing facilities and clients in order to optimize some economic criterion. In this survey, we consider specifically the problem of selecting one or several points of a network in order to optimize a function which is distance-dependent with respect to given points of the network. Minisum and minimax problems, where the objectives are to minimize respectively the sum or the maximum of different functions of distances, are reviewed. We also discuss models integrating more economic variables, such as prices, and putting more emphasis on the decision making context, particularly the competitive location models. Discrete models, for which the set of possible locations is finite and which have received the most attention of practionners, are presented as well.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universite Libre de Bruxelles - C.E.M.E. in its series Papers with number 9216.
Length: 69 pages
Date of creation: 1992
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITE LIBRE DE BRUXELLES, CENTRE D'ECONOMIE MATHEMATIQUE ET D'ECONOMETRIE, C.P. 139, 50 AVE F.D. ROOSEVELT 1050 BRUXELLES.
Phone: (32 2) 650 30 75
Fax: (32 2) 650 44 75
Web page: http://ecares.org/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rath, Kali P. & Zhao, Gongyun, 2001. "Two stage equilibrium and product choice with elastic demand," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(9), pages 1441-1455, November.
- Díaz-Báñez, J.M. & Heredia, M. & Pelegrín, B. & Pérez-Lantero, P. & Ventura, I., 2011. "Finding all pure strategy Nash equilibria in a planar location game," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(1), pages 91-98, October.
- Bourreau, Marc, 2003. "Mimicking vs. counter-programming strategies for television programs," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 35-54, March.
- Ogryczak, Wlodzimierz, 1997. "On the lexicographic minimax approach to location problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 566-585, August.
- Eiselt, H. A. & Laporte, Gilbert, 1997. "Sequential location problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 217-231, January.
- Ellis, Christopher J. & Silva, Emilson C. D., 1998. "British Bus Deregulation: Competition and Demand Coordination," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 336-361, May.
- Dominique Peeters & Isabelle Thomas, 2005. "Does the Shape of a Territory Influence the Locations of Human Activities? a Numerical Geography Approach," ERSA conference papers ersa05p56, European Regional Science Association.
- Ogryczak, Wlodzimierz, 2000. "Inequality measures and equitable approaches to location problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 374-391, April.
- Guggenberger, Patrik & Kaul, Ashok & Kolmar, Martin, 2002. "Efficiency properties of labor taxation in a spatial model of restricted labor mobility," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 447-473, July.
- Becker, Ronald I. & Lari, Isabella & Scozzari, Andrea, 2007. "Algorithms for central-median paths with bounded length on trees," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(3), pages 1208-1220, June.
- Tabuchi, T. & Thisse, J.-F., .
"Asymetric equilibria in spatial competition,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1151, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- A. de Palma & R. Lindsey, 2000.
"Optimal Timetables for Public Transportation,"
THEMA Working Papers
2000-09, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Stuart, Harborne Jr., 2004. "Efficient spatial competition," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 345-362, November.
- Christou, Charalambos & Vettas, Nikolaos, 2005. "Location choices under quality uncertainty," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 268-278, November.
- Salvanes, Kjell G. & Steen, Frode & Sorgard, Lars, 2005. "Hotelling in the air? Flight departures in Norway," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 193-213, March.
- Dominique Peeters & Jacques Thisse & Isabelle Thomas, 1998.
"Transportation networks and the location of human activities,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa98p268, European Regional Science Association.
- PEETERS, Dominique & THISSE, Jacques-François & THOMAS, Isabelle, . "Transportation networks and the location of human activities," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1344, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Baye, Michael R. & Morgan, John, 1999. "A folk theorem for one-shot Bertrand games," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 59-65, October.
- Iida, Tetsuya & Matsubayashi, Nobuo, 2011. "Strategic multi-store opening under financial constraint," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 210(2), pages 379-389, April.
- Crainic, Teodor Gabriel & Laporte, Gilbert, 1997. "Planning models for freight transportation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 409-438, March.
- V.I. Norkin & G.C. Pflug & A. Ruszczynski, 1996. "A Branch and Bound Method for Stochastic Global Optimization," Working Papers wp96065, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Meagher, Kieron J. & Zauner, Klaus G., 2004. "Product differentiation and location decisions under demand uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 201-216, August.
- Martin, Juan Carlos & Román, Concepción, 2003. "Hub location in the South-Atlantic airline market: A spatial competition game," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 865-888, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.