The political economy of coffee, dictatorship, and genocide
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 19 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bevan, David & Collier, Paul & Gunning, Jan Willem, 1990. "Peasants and Governments: An Economic Analysis," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198286219.
- Martin C. McGuire & Mancur Olson Jr., 1996. "The Economics of Autocracy and Majority Rule: The Invisible Hand and the Use of Force," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 72-96, March.
- Becker, Gary S, 1983. "A Theory of Competition among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400, August.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 1997. "Method in the madness? a political-economy analysis of the ethnic conflicts in less developed countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1381-1398, September.
- Wintrobe,Ronald, 2000. "The Political Economy of Dictatorship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521794497, December.
- Rowley, Charles K., 2000. "Political culture and economic performance in sub-Saharan Africa," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 133-158, March.
- Lode Berlage & Bart Capéau & Philip Verwimp, 2003.
"Dictatorship in a single export crop economy,"
Public Economics Working Paper Series
wpdcsec, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- Niklas Potrafke, 2010.
"Islam and Democracy,"
Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz
2010-10, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Federico Ciani & Gianna Claudia Giannelli, 2013. "Surviving the Genocide: The Impact of the Rwandan Genocide on Child Mortality," CHILD Working Papers Series 20, Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic Economics (CHILD) - CCA.
- Ciani, Federico & Giannelli, Gianna Claudia, 2013.
"Surviving the Genocide: The Impact of the Rwandan Genocide on Child Mortality,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7539, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Federico Ciani & Gianna C. Giannelli, 2011. "Surviving the genocide: the impact of the Rwandan genocide on child mortality," Working Papers - Economics wp2011_19.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- de Walque, Damien, 2005. "Parental education and children's schooling outcomes : is the effect nature, nurture, or both? evidence from recomposed families in Rwanda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3483, The World Bank.
- McBride, Michael, 2005. "Crises, reforms, and regime persistence in sub-Saharan Africa," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 688-707, September.
- Ana María Ibañez Londoño & Juan Carlos Muñoz Mora & Philip Verwimp, 2013. "Abandoning Coffee under the Threat of Violence and the Presence of Illicit Crops. Evidence from Colombia," HiCN Working Papers 150, Households in Conflict Network.
- Shanley Pinchotti & Philip Verwimp, 2007. "SOCIAL CAPITAL and the RWANDAN GENOCIDE A Micro-Level Analysis," HiCN Working Papers 30, Households in Conflict Network.
- Janus, Thorsten, 2012. "Natural resource extraction and civil conflict," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 24-31.
- D. de Walque & P. Verwimp, 2010.
"The Demographic and Socio-economic Distribution of Excess Mortality during the 1994 Genocide in Rwanda,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 19(2), pages 141-162, March.
- de Walque, Damien & Verwimp, Philip, 2009. "The demographic and socio-economic distribution of excess mortality during the 1994 genocide in Rwanda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4850, The World Bank.
- Damien de Walque & Philip Verwimp, 2009. "The Demographic and Socio-Economic Distribution of Excess Mortality during the 1994 Genocide in Rwanda," HiCN Working Papers 54, Households in Conflict Network.
- de Walque, Damien, 2004. "The long-term legacy of the Khmer Rouge period in Cambodia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3446, The World Bank.
- Tony Addison, 2010. "Agricultural Development for Peace," Working Papers id:2551, eSocialSciences.
- Addison, Tony, 2005. "Agricultural Development for Peace," Working Paper Series RP2005/07, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Abel Escribà-Folch, 2009. "Do authoritarian institutions mobilize economic cooperation?," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 71-93, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.