Bank regulation and the public interest
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in its journal Economic Review.
Volume (Year): (1986)
Issue (Month): Spr ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rolnick, Arthur J & Weber, Warren E, 1983. "New Evidence on the Free Banking Era," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 1080-91, December.
- White, Lawrence H, 1984. "Competitive Payments Systems and the Unit of Account," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 699-712, September.
- Darby, Michael R., 1986.
"The internationalization of American banking and finance: Structure, risk, and world interest rates,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 403-428, December.
- Michaek Darby, 1985. "The Internationalization of American Banking and Finance: Structure, Risk, and World Interest Rates," UCLA Economics Working Papers 385, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Michael R. Darby, 1987. "The Internationalization of American Banking and Finance: Structure, Risk, adn World Interest Rates," NBER Working Papers 1989, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Dybvig, Philip H, 1983.
"Bank Runs, Deposit Insurance, and Liquidity,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 401-19, June.
- Becker, Gary S, 1983. "A Theory of Competition among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400, August.
- Frederick T. Furlong, 1984. "A view on deposit insurance coverage," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr, pages 31-38.
- Sargent, Thomas J & Wallace, Neil, 1982. "The Real-Bills Doctrine versus the Quantity Theory: A Reconsideration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1212-36, December.
- George J. Stigler, 1971. "The Theory of Economic Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 2(1), pages 3-21, Spring.
- Smith, Bruce D., 1984. "Private information, deposit interest rates, and the `stability' of the banking system," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 293-317, November.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1983.
"Non-Monetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in the Propagation of the Great Depression,"
NBER Working Papers
1054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1983. "Nonmonetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in Propagation of the Great Depression," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 257-76, June.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1980. "Banking in the theory of finance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-57, January.
- Harry G. Johnson, 1968. "Problems of Efficiency in Monetary Management," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 971.
- Hall, Robert E., 1983. "Optimal fiduciary monetary systems," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 33-50.
- Dothan, Uri & Williams, Joseph, 1980. "Banks, bankruptcy, and public regulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 65-87, March.
- Carl E. Walsh & Peter R. Hartley, 1988. "Financial intermediation, monetary policy, and equilibrium business cycles," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Fall, pages 19-28.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Rosenberger).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.