Transferability, finality, and debt settlement
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Monetary Economics.
Volume (Year): 54 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kocherlakota, Narayana R., 1998.
"Money Is Memory,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 232-251, August.
- Freeman, Scott, 1999. "Rediscounting under aggregate risk," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 197-216, February.
- Costas Azariadis & Luisa Lambertini, 2003.
"Endogenous Debt Constraints in Lifecycle Economies,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 70(3), pages 461-487.
- Costas Azariadis & Luisa Lambertini, 2003. "Endogenous Debt Constraints in Lifecycle Economies," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(3), pages 461-487, 07.
- Freeman, Scott, 1996. "The Payments System, Liquidity, and Rediscounting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1126-38, December.
- Townsend, Robert M, 1987. "Economic Organization with Limited Communication," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 954-71, December.
- David C. Mills, Jr, 2004. "Mechanism Design and the Role of Enforcement in Freeman's Model of Payments," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 7(1), pages 219-236, january.
- Williamson, Stephen D, 1999.
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(3), pages 469-91, August.
- Williamson, Stephen D., 1992. "Laissez-faire banking and circulating media of exchange," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 134-167, June.
- Bullard, James & Smith, Bruce D., 2003.
"Intermediaries and payments instruments,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 172-197, April.
- Temzelides, Ted & Williamson, Stephen D., 2001. "Private money, settlement, and discounts," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 85-108, June.
- Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Haslag, Joseph H. & Martin, Antoine, 2009.
"Why does overnight liquidity cost more than intraday liquidity?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1236-1246, June.
- Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Haslag, Joseph & Martin, Antoine, 2007. "Why Does Overnight Liquidity Cost More Than Intraday Liquidity?," Staff General Research Papers 13096, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Joydeep Bhattacharya & Joseph H. Haslag & Antoine Martin, 2007. "Why does overnight liquidity cost more than intraday liquidity?," Staff Reports 281, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Schnabel, Isabel & Shin, Hyun Song, 2001. "Foreshadowing LTCM: The Crisis of 1763," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 02-46, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Margarita Samartin & Gerald Dwyer, 2004.
"Why do Banks Promise to Pay Par on Demand?,"
2004 Meeting Papers
180c, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Holthausen, Cornelia & Monnet, Cyril, 2003. "Money and payments: a modern perspective," Working Paper Series 0245, European Central Bank.
- Thorsten Koeppl & Cyril Monnet & Ted Temzelides, 2006.
"A Dynamic Model of Settlement,"
1053, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Stephen Quinn & William Roberds, 2008. "The evolution of the check as a means of payment: a historical survey," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Kahn, Charles M. & Roberds, William, 2009. "Why pay? An introduction to payments economics," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-23, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.