What is altruism?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Psychology.
Volume (Year): 25 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Powell, J.P., 2010. "The limits of economic self-interest: The case of open source software," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-4378356, Tilburg University.
- Laurent Denant-Boemont & David Masclet & Charles Noussair, 2005.
"Announcement, Observation, and Honesty in the Voluntary Contributions Game,"
0509, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Laurent Denant‐Boemont & David Masclet & Charles Noussair, 2011. "Announcement, Observation And Honesty In The Voluntary Contributions Game," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 207-228, 05.
- Argandoña, Antonio, 2011. "The 'logic of gift' in business," IESE Research Papers D/936, IESE Business School.
- Fanelli Luca & Paruolo Paolo, 2006. "Exchange rates, prices and their speed of adjustment," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0607, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Secchi Davide, 2005. "Altruism and Selfish Behavior. The Docility Model Revisited," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0505, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Teraji, Shinji, 2009. "A model of corporate social performance: Social satisfaction and moral conduct," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 926-934, December.
- Antonio Argandoña, 2011. "Beyond Contracts: Love in Firms," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 99(1), pages 77-85, March.
- Pablo Brañas-Garza, 2006.
"Promoting Helping Behavior with Framing in Dictator games,"
06/04, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Branas-Garza, Pablo, 2007. "Promoting helping behavior with framing in dictator games," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 477-486, August.
- Khalil, Elias L., 2004. "Is a group better off with more altruists? Not necessarily," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 89-92, January.
- Sarıbaş, Hakan, 2007.
"Kantian Altruism in Economics and Ibn Khaldun
[Kantian Altruism in Economics and Ibn Haldun]," MPRA Paper 26904, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- King, William R. & Marks, Peter Jr., 2008. "Motivating knowledge sharing through a knowledge management system," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 131-146, February.
- Paolilli, Antonio Luigi, 2009. "About the "economic" origin of altruism," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 60-71, January.
- Elias Asproudis, 2011. "Revisiting environmental groups and members’ behaviour: budget, size and (im)pure altruism," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 13(2), pages 139-156, June.
- Davide Secchi, 2009. "The Cognitive Side of Social Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 88(3), pages 565-581, September.
- Khalil, Elias, 2004. "Integrity, Shame and Self-Rationalization," Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series 55, Vassar College Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.