Exchange rate pass-through to bilateral import prices
AbstractThis paper estimates exchange rate pass-through for a unique set of bilateral US import prices over the period 1992-2006. It finds evidence of a significant decline in pass-through to US import prices from some, but not all, of the trading partners in the sample. These differences rule out a universal decline in pass-through rates to bilateral US import prices. They further indicate a growing divergence in the import price response to a uniform dollar decline.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 29 (2010)
Issue (Month): 8 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
Exchange rate Pass-through Import prices;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jane E. Ihrig & Mario Marazzi & Alexander D. Rothenberg, 2006. "Exchange-rate pass-through in the G-7 countries," International Finance Discussion Papers 851, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Paul R. Bergin & Robert C. Feenstra, 2009.
"Pass-Through of Exchange Rates and Competition between Floaters and Fixers,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(s1), pages 35-70, 02.
- Paul R. Bergin & Robert C. Feenstra, 2007. "Pass-through of Exchange Rates and Competition Between Floaters and Fixers," NBER Working Papers 13620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ceglowski, Janet, 2010. "Has pass-through to export prices risen? Evidence for Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 86-98, March.
- Toshitaka Sekine, 2006. "Time-varying exchange rate pass-through: experiences of some industrial countries," BIS Working Papers 202, Bank for International Settlements.
- José Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 2005.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through into Import Prices,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(4), pages 679-690, November.
- Christopher Gust & Sylvain Leduc & Robert Vigfusson, 2006.
"Trade Integration, Competiton, and the Decline in Exchange-rate Pass-through,"
2006 Meeting Papers
165, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gust, Christopher & Leduc, Sylvain & Vigfusson, Robert, 2010. "Trade integration, competition, and the decline in exchange-rate pass-through," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 309-324, April.
- Christopher Gust & Sylvain Leduc & Robert J. Vigfusson, 2006. "Trade integration, competition, and the decline in exchange-rate pass-through," International Finance Discussion Papers 864, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Marazzi, Mario & Sheets, Nathan, 2007. "Declining exchange rate pass-through to U.S. import prices: The potential role of global factors," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 924-947, October.
- Robert J. Vigfusson & Nathan Sheets & Joseph Gagnon, 2007. "Exchange rate pass-through to export prices: assessing some cross-country evidence," International Finance Discussion Papers 902, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Neil R. Ericsson & James G. MacKinnon, 1999.
"Distributions of error correction tests for cointegration,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
655, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Neil R. Ericsson & James G. MacKinnon, 2002. "Distributions of error correction tests for cointegration," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(2), pages 285-318, 06.
- Neil R. Ericsson & James G. MacKinnon, 2000. "Distributions of Error Correction Tests for Cointegration," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0561, Econometric Society.
- Mario Marazzi & Nathan Sheets & Robert J. Vigfusson & Jon Faust & Joseph Gagnon & Jaime Marquez & Robert F. Martin & Trevor Reeve & John Rogers, 2005. "Exchange rate pass-through to U.S. import prices: some new evidence," International Finance Discussion Papers 833, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Osterwald-Lenum, Michael, 1992. "A Note with Quantiles of the Asymptotic Distribution of the Maximum Likelihood Cointegration Rank Test Statistics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 461-72, August.
- Giovanni P. Olivei, 2002. "Exchange rates and the prices of manufacturing products imported into the United States," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Q 1, pages 3 - 18.
- Rebecca Hellerstein & Deirdre Daly & Christina Marsh, 2006. "Have U.S. import prices become less responsive to changes in the dollar?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 12(Sep).
- Herger Nils, 2013. "Market Entries and Exits and the Nonlinear Behaviour of the Exchange Rate Pass-Through into Import Prices," Working Papers 13.08, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Lin, Po-Chun & Wu, Chung-Shu, 2012. "Exchange rate pass-through in deflation: The case of Taiwan," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 101-111.
- Ali Reza Kazerooni & Behzad Salmani & Majid Feshari, 2013. "The Impact of Monetary Regime on the Exchange Rate Pass-Through under Exchange Rate Volatility (Dynamic Panel Data Approach)," Iranian Economic Review, Economics faculty of Tehran university, vol. 18(2), pages 35-50, spring.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.