Explaining co-movements between stock markets: The case of US and Germany
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 24 (2005)
Issue (Month): 8 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bertero, Elisabetta & Mayer, Colin, 1990.
"Structure and performance: Global interdependence of stock markets around the crash of October 1987,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1155-1180, September.
- Bertero, Elisabetta & Mayer, Colin, 1989. "Structure and Performance: Global Interdependence of Stock Markets Around the Crash of October 1987," CEPR Discussion Papers 307, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Favero, Carlo A. & Giavazzi, Francesco, 2002. "Is the international propagation of financial shocks non-linear?: Evidence from the ERM," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 231-246, June.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler, 2000.
"Monetary Policy Rules And Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence And Some Theory,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 115(1), pages 147-180, February.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler, 1998. "Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and Some Theory," NBER Working Papers 6442, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clarida, Richard & Galí, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1998. "Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and Some Theory," CEPR Discussion Papers 1908, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler, 1997. "Monetary policy rules and macroeconomic stability: Evidence and some theory," Economics Working Papers 350, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised May 1999.
- Clarida, R. & Gali, J. & Gertler, M., 1998. "Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and some Theory," Working Papers 98-01, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Hassler, J., 1995.
"Regime Shifts and Volatility Spillovers on International Stock Markets,"
603, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Hassler., John, 1997. "Regime Shifts and Volatility Spillovers on International Stock Markets," Seminar Papers 603, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Rigobon, Roberto, 2003. "On the measurement of the international propagation of shocks: is the transmission stable?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 261-283, December.
- Kasa, Kenneth, 1992. "Common stochastic trends in international stock markets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 95-124, February.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Olivier J. Blanchard, 1993. "Movements in the Equity Premium," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 24(2), pages 75-138.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Frank Westermann, 2001. "Equity Price Dynamics Before and After the Introduction of the Euro: A Note," CESifo Working Paper Series 420, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mico Loretan & William B. English, 2000. "Evaluating "correlation breakdowns" during periods of market volatility," International Finance Discussion Papers 658, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lin, Wen-Ling & Engle, Robert F & Ito, Takatoshi, 1994. "Do Bulls and Bears Move across Borders? International Transmission of Stock Returns and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(3), pages 507-38.
- Hendry, David F., 1995. "Dynamic Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283164.
- King, Mervyn A & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1990.
"Transmission of Volatility between Stock Markets,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 5-33.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 241-256, June.
- Roberto Rigobon, 2003. "Identification Through Heteroskedasticity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 777-792, November.
- Angelos Kanas, .
"Linkages between the US and European Equity Markets: Further Evidence from cointegration Tests,"
9804, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Angelos Kanas, 1998. "Linkages between the US and European equity markets: further evidence from cointegration tests," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(6), pages 607-614.
- Serletis, Apostolos & King, Martin, 1997. "Common Stochastic Trends and Convergence of European Union Stock Markets," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(1), pages 44-57, January.
- Rui Menezes & Andreia Dioniso, 2011. "Globalization and long-run co-movements in the stock market for the G7: an application of VECM under structural breaks," Papers 1101.4093, arXiv.org.
- Essahbi Essaadi & Jamel Jouini & Walih Khallouli, 2007.
"The Asian Crisis Contagion: A Dynamic Correlation Approach Analysis,"
0725, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Essahbi Essaadi & Jamel Jouini & Wajih Khallouli, 2009. "The Asian Crisis Contagion: A Dynamic Correlation Approach Analysis," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 56(2), pages 241-260, June.
- Essahbi Essaadi & Jamel Jouini & Wajih Khallouli, 2004. "The Asian Crisis Contagion: A Dynamic Correlation Approach Analysis," Post-Print halshs-00201220, HAL.
- Essahbi Essaadi & Jamel Jouini & Wajih Khallouli, 2009. "The Asian Crisis Contagion: A Dynamic Correlation Approach Analysis," Post-Print halshs-00404386, HAL.
- Büttner, David & Hayo, Bernd, 2010.
"News and correlations of CEEC-3 financial markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 915-922, September.
- Nektarios Aslanidis & Denise R. Osborn & Marianne Sensier, 2008.
"Comovements between US and UK stock prices: the roles of macroeconomic information and timevarying conditional correlations,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
0805, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Nektarios Aslanidis & Denise R. Osborn & Marianne Sensier, 2008. "Co-movements between US and UK stock prices: the roles of macroeconomic information and time-varying conditional correlations," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 96, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- El Alaoui, Marwane & Benbachir, Saâd, 2012. "Spillover Effect in the MENA Area: Case of Four Financial Markets," MPRA Paper 48682, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Itir OZER-IMER & Ibrahim OZKAN, 2013. "On the Co-Movements of Exchange Rates," Chapters of Financial Aspects of Recent Trends in the Global Economy book, in: Rajmund Mirdala (ed.), Financial Aspects of Recent Trends in the Global Economy, volume 2, chapter 1, pages 12-37 ASERS Publishing.
- Aslanidis, Nektarios & Osborn, Denise R. & Sensier, Marianne, 2008. "Co-movements between US and UK stock prices: the roles of macroeconomic information and time-series varying conditional correlations," Working Papers 2072/8950, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Dimpfl, Thomas & Peter, Franziska J., 2014. "The impact of the financial crisis on transatlantic information flows: An intraday analysis," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 70, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Sébastien WÄLTI, 2003.
"Testing for Contagion in International Financial Markets: Which Way to Go?,"
FAME Research Paper Series
rp92, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Sébastien Wälti, 2003. "Testing for contagion in international financial markets: which way to go?," IHEID Working Papers 04-2003, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Menezes, Rui & Dionísio, Andreia & Hassani, Hossein, 2012. "On the globalization of stock markets: An application of Vector Error Correction Model, Mutual Information and Singular Spectrum Analysis to the G7 countries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 369-384.
- Elise MARAIS, 2007. "Mécanismes De Propag Ation Régionale De La Crise Boursière Asiatique," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 26, pages 13-33.
- Canto, Bea & Kräussl, Roman, 2006. "Stock market interactions and the impact of macroeconomic news: Evidence from high frequency data of European futures markets," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/25, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.