Explaining co-movements between stock markets: The case of US and Germany
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 24 (2005)
Issue (Month): 8 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Angelos Kanas, 1998.
"Linkages between the US and European equity markets: further evidence from cointegration tests,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(6), pages 607-614.
- Angelos Kanas, . "Linkages between the US and European Equity Markets: Further Evidence from cointegration Tests," Working Papers 9804, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Roberto Rigobon, 2003. "Identification Through Heteroskedasticity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 777-792, November.
- Hendry, David F., 1995. "Dynamic Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283164, September.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Frank Westermann, 2001. "Equity Price Dynamics Before and After the Introduction of the Euro: A Note," CESifo Working Paper Series 420, CESifo Group Munich.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler, 1998.
"Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and Some Theory,"
NBER Working Papers
6442, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler, 2000. "Monetary Policy Rules And Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence And Some Theory," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 115(1), pages 147-180, February.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler, 1997. "Monetary policy rules and macroeconomic stability: Evidence and some theory," Economics Working Papers 350, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised May 1999.
- Clarida, Richard & Galí, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1998. "Monetary Policy Rules and Macroeconomic Stability: Evidence and Some Theory," CEPR Discussion Papers 1908, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joel Lander & Athanasios Orphanides & Martha Douvogiannis, 1997. "Earnings forecasts and the predictability of stock returns: evidence from trading the S&P," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-6, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mervyn A. King & Sushil Wadhwani, 1989.
"Transmission of Volatility Between Stock Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
2910, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier J. Blanchard, 1993. "Movements in the Equity Premium," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 24(2), pages 75-138.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Bertero, Elisabetta & Mayer, Colin, 1990.
"Structure and performance: Global interdependence of stock markets around the crash of October 1987,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1155-1180, September.
- Bertero, Elisabetta & Mayer, Colin, 1989. "Structure and Performance: Global Interdependence of Stock Markets Around the Crash of October 1987," CEPR Discussion Papers 307, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kasa, Kenneth, 1992. "Common stochastic trends in international stock markets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 95-124, February.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501, September.
- Favero, Carlo A. & Giavazzi, Francesco, 2002. "Is the international propagation of financial shocks non-linear?: Evidence from the ERM," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 231-246, June.
- Lin, Wen-Ling & Engle, Robert F & Ito, Takatoshi, 1994. "Do Bulls and Bears Move across Borders? International Transmission of Stock Returns and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(3), pages 507-38.
- Longin, Francois & Solnik, Bruno, 1995. "Is the correlation in international equity returns constant: 1960-1990?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-26, February.
- Serletis, Apostolos & King, Martin, 1997. "Common Stochastic Trends and Convergence of European Union Stock Markets," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(1), pages 44-57, January.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 241-256, June.
- Hassler, J., 1995.
"Regime Shifts and Volatility Spillovers on International Stock Markets,"
603, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Hassler., John, 1997. "Regime Shifts and Volatility Spillovers on International Stock Markets," Seminar Papers 603, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Rigobon, Roberto, 2003. "On the measurement of the international propagation of shocks: is the transmission stable?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 261-283, December.
- François Longin, 2001. "Extreme Correlation of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 649-676, 04.
- Mico Loretan & William B. English, 2000. "Evaluating "correlation breakdowns" during periods of market volatility," International Finance Discussion Papers 658, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Dimpfl, Thomas & Peter, Franziska J., 2014. "The impact of the financial crisis on transatlantic information flows: An intraday analysis," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 70, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Canto, Bea & Kräussl, Roman, 2006. "Stock market interactions and the impact of macroeconomic news: Evidence from high frequency data of European futures markets," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/25, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Elise MARAIS, 2007. "Mécanismes De Propag Ation Régionale De La Crise Boursière Asiatique," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 26, pages 13-33.
- El Alaoui, Marwane & Benbachir, Saâd, 2012. "Spillover Effect in the MENA Area: Case of Four Financial Markets," MPRA Paper 48682, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rui Menezes & Andreia Dioniso, 2011. "Globalization and long-run co-movements in the stock market for the G7: an application of VECM under structural breaks," Papers 1101.4093, arXiv.org.
- Sébastien Wälti, 2003.
"Testing for contagion in international financial markets: which way to go?,"
IHEID Working Papers
04-2003, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Sébastien WÄLTI, 2003. "Testing for Contagion in International Financial Markets: Which Way to Go?," FAME Research Paper Series rp92, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Itir OZER-IMER & Ibrahim OZKAN, 2013. "On the Co-Movements of Exchange Rates," Chapters of Financial Aspects of Recent Trends in the Global Economy book, in: Rajmund Mirdala (ed.), Financial Aspects of Recent Trends in the Global Economy, volume 2, chapter 1, pages 12-37 ASERS Publishing.
- Essahbi Essaadi & Jamel Jouini & Walih Khallouli, 2007.
"The Asian Crisis Contagion: A Dynamic Correlation Approach Analysis,"
0725, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Essahbi Essaadi & Jamel Jouini & Wajih Khallouli, 2009. "The Asian Crisis Contagion: A Dynamic Correlation Approach Analysis," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 56(2), pages 241-260, June.
- Essahbi Essaadi & Jamel Jouini & Wajih Khallouli, 2009. "The Asian Crisis Contagion: A Dynamic Correlation Approach Analysis," Post-Print halshs-00404386, HAL.
- Essahbi Essaadi & Jamel Jouini & Wajih Khallouli, 2004. "The Asian Crisis Contagion: A Dynamic Correlation Approach Analysis," Post-Print halshs-00201220, HAL.
- Menezes, Rui & Dionísio, Andreia & Hassani, Hossein, 2012. "On the globalization of stock markets: An application of Vector Error Correction Model, Mutual Information and Singular Spectrum Analysis to the G7 countries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 369-384.
- David Büttner & Bernd Hayo, 2009.
"News and Correlations of CEEC-3 Financial Markets,"
MAGKS Papers on Economics
200944, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Aslanidis, Nektarios & Osborn, Denise R. & Sensier, Marianne, 2008. "Co-movements between US and UK stock prices: the roles of macroeconomic information and time-series varying conditional correlations," Working Papers 2072/8950, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Chia-Hsun Hsieh & Shian-Chang Huang, 2012. "Time-Varying Dependency and Structural Changes in Currency Markets," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 48(2), pages 94-127, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.