Common trends and convergence? South East Asian equity markets, 1988-1999
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 21 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Taufiq Choudhry, 2000. "Meltdown of 1987 and meteor showers among Pacific-Basin stock markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 71-80.
- Kasa, Kenneth, 1992. "Common stochastic trends in international stock markets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 95-124, February.
- Angelos Kanas, .
"Linkages between the US and European Equity Markets: Further Evidence from cointegration Tests,"
9804, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Angelos Kanas, 1998. "Linkages between the US and European equity markets: further evidence from cointegration tests," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 8(6), pages 607-614.
- Booth, G. Geoffrey & Martikainen, Teppo & Tse, Yiuman, 1997. "Price and volatility spillovers in Scandinavian stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 811-823, June.
- Levy, Haim & Sarnat, Marshall, 1970. "International Diversification of Investment Portfolios," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 668-75, September.
- Bracker, Kevin & Docking, Diane Scott & Koch, Paul D., 1999. "Economic determinants of evolution in international stock market integration," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Mervyn King & Enrique Sentana & Sushil Wadhwani, 1990.
"Volatiltiy and Links Between National Stock Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
3357, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- King, Mervyn & Sentana, Enrique & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1994. "Volatility and Links between National Stock Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 901-33, July.
- Grubel, Herbert G & Fadner, Kenneth, 1971. "The Interdependence of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 89-94, March.
- Giorgio De Santis & Selahattin Imrohoroglu, 1994.
"Stock returns and volatility in emerging financial markets,"
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
93, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- De Santis, Giorgio & imrohoroglu, Selahattin, 1997. "Stock returns and volatility in emerging financial markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 561-579, August.
- Mervyn A. King & Sushil Wadhwani, 1989.
"Transmission of Volatility Between Stock Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
2910, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Bertero, Elisabetta & Mayer, Colin, 1990.
"Structure and performance: Global interdependence of stock markets around the crash of October 1987,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1155-1180, September.
- Bertero, Elisabetta & Mayer, Colin, 1989. "Structure and Performance: Global Interdependence of Stock Markets Around the Crash of October 1987," CEPR Discussion Papers 307, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Smith, Ron P., 1998.
"Structural Analysis of Cointegrating VARs,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9811, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Angelos Kanas, 1999. "A note on the long-run benefits from international equity diversification for a UK investor diversifying in the US equity market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 49-53.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-80, November.
- Chan, Kam C & Gup, Benton E & Pan, Ming-Shiun, 1992. "An Empirical Analysis of Stock Prices in Major Asian Markets and the United States," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 289-307, May.
- Koutmos, Gregory & Booth, G Geoffrey, 1995. "Asymmetric volatility transmission in international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 747-762, December.
- Kwon, Chung S. & Shin, Tai S., 1999. "Cointegration and causality between macroeconomic variables and stock market returns," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 71-81.
- Serletis, Apostolos & King, Martin, 1997. "Common Stochastic Trends and Convergence of European Union Stock Markets," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(1), pages 44-57, January.
- Choudhry, Taufiq, 1996. "Stock market volatility and the crash of 1987: evidence from six emerging markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 969-981, December.
- Lessard, Donald R, 1973. "International Portfolio Diversification: A Multivariate Analysis for a Group of Latin American Countries," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 28(3), pages 619-33, June.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2008. "Assessing the integration of Asia's equity and bond markets," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Regional financial integration in Asia: present and future, volume 42, pages 1-37 Bank for International Settlements.
- Francesco Guidi, 2009.
"Volatility and Long-Term Relations in Equity Markets: Empirical Evidence from Germany, Switzerland, and the UK,"
The IUP Journal of Financial Economics,
IUP Publications, vol. 0(2), pages 7-39, June.
- Guidi, Francesco, 2008. "Volatility and Long Term Relations in Equity Markets: Empirical Evidence from Germany, Switzerland, and the UK," MPRA Paper 11535, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Barari & Brian Lucey & S. Voronkova, 2008. "Reassessing co-movements among G7 equity markets: evidence from iShares," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 18(11), pages 863-877.
- Kenourgios, Dimitris & Samitas, Aristeidis, 2011. "Equity market integration in emerging Balkan markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 296-307, September.
- Renatas Kizys & Christian Pierdzioch, 2011. "The Financial Crisis and the Stock Markets of the CEE Countries," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 61(2), pages 153-172, June.
- Vo, Xuan Vinh, 2009. "International financial integration in Asian bond markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 90-106, January.
- Barry Harrison & Winston Moore, 2009. "Spillover effects from London and Frankfurt to Central and Eastern European stock markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 19(18), pages 1509-1521.
- Kenourgios, Dimitris & Samitas, Aristeidis, 2009. "Financial Market Dynamics in an Enlarged European Union," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 24, pages 197-221.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.