Do mortgage rates vary by neighborhood? Implications for loan pricing and redlining
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Housing Economics.
Volume (Year): 11 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622881
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schill, Michael H & Wachter, Susan M, 1994.
"Borrower and Neighborhood Racial and Income Characteristics and Financial Institution Mortgage Application Screening,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 223-39, November.
- Michael H. Schill & Susan M. Wachter, 1994. "Borrower and neighborhood racial and income characteristics and financial institution mortgage application screening," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, pages 223-243.
- Berkovec, James A & Kogut, David J & Nothaft, Frank E, 2001. "Determinants of the ARM Share of FHA and Conventional Lending," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 23-41, January.
- Griffith L. Garwood & Dolores S. Smith, 1993. "The Community Reinvestment Act: evolution and current issues," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Apr, pages 251-267.
- David Horne, 1997. "Mortgage Lending, Race, and Model Specification," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 43-68, February.
- Glenn B. Canner & Wayne Passmore, 1995. "Home purchase lending in low-income neighborhoods and to low-income borrowers," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Feb, pages 71-103.
- Robert B. Avery & Patricia E. Beeson & Mark S. Sniderman, 1994. "Underserved mortgage markets: evidence from HMDA data," Working Paper 9421, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Crawford, Gordon W & Rosenblatt, Eric, 1999. "Differences in the Cost of Mortgage Credit Implications for Discrimination," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 147-59, September.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1992.
"Mortgage lending in Boston: interpreting HMDA data,"
92-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Munnell, Alicia H. & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell & Lynn E. Browne & James McEneaney, 1996. "Mortgage Lending in Boston: Interpreting HMDA Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 25-53, March.
- Holmes, Andrew & Horvitz, Paul, 1994. " Mortgage Redlining: Race, Risk, and Demand," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 81-99, March.
- Berkovec, James A, et al, 1994. "Race, Redlining, and Residential Mortgage Loan Performance," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 263-94, November.
- Robert Order & Peter Zorn, 2000. "Income, Location and Default: Some Implications for Community Lending," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 28(3), pages 385-404.
- Simon Firestone & Robert Van Order & Peter Zorn, 2007. "The Performance of Low-Income and Minority Mortgages," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 35(4), pages 479-504, December.
- Robert B. Avery & Raphael W. Bostic & Paul S. Calem & Glenn B. Canner, 1996. "Credit risk, credit scoring, and the performance of home mortgages," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jul, pages 621-648.
- James A. Berkovec & Glenn B. Canner & Stuart A. Gabriel & Timothy H. Hannan, 1994. "Race, redlining, and residential mortgage loan performance," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, pages 263-298.
- Patric H. Hendershott & James D. Shilling, 1989.
"The Impact of the Agencies on Conventional Fixed-Rate Mortgage Yields,"
NBER Working Papers
2646, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hendershott, Patric H & Shilling, James D, 1989. "The Impact of the Agencies on Conventional Fixed-Rate Mortgage Yields," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 101-15, June.
- Marsha Courchane & David Nickerson, 1997. "Discrimination Resulting from Overage Practices," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 133-151, February.
- Douglas D. Evanoff & Lewis M. Segal, 1996. "CRA and fair lending regulations: resulting trends in mortgage lending," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Nov, pages 19-46.
- Michiel van Leuvensteijn & Wolter Hassink, 2003.
"Price-setting and price dispersion in the Dutch mortgage market,"
CPB Discussion Paper
21, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Wolter H.J. Hassink & Michiel van Leuvensteijn, 2003. "Price-setting and Price Dispersion in the Dutch Mortgage Market," Working Papers 03-07, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Kusum Mundra, 2013.
"Minority and Immigrant Homeownership Experience: Evidence from the 2009 American Housing Survey,"
Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark
2013-001, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- Mundra, Kusum, 2013. "Minority and Immigrant Homeownership Experience: Evidence from the 2009 American Housing Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 7131, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wolter Hassink & Michiel Leuvensteijn, 2007. "Measuring Transparency in the Dutch Mortgage Market," De Economist, Springer, vol. 155(1), pages 23-47, March.
- Paul M. Ong & Michael A. Stoll, 2007. "Redlining or risk? A spatial analysis of auto insurance rates in Los Angeles," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(4), pages 811-830.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.