Neighborhoods and banking
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond in its journal Economic Quarterly.
Volume (Year): (1995)
Issue (Month): Spr ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1992.
"Mortgage lending in Boston: interpreting HMDA data,"
92-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Munnell, Alicia H. & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell & Lynn E. Browne & James McEneaney, 1996. "Mortgage Lending in Boston: Interpreting HMDA Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 25-53, March.
- Griffith L. Garwood & Dolores S. Smith, 1993. "The Community Reinvestment Act: evolution and current issues," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Apr, pages 251-267.
- John V. Duca & Stuart S. Rosenthal, 1993.
"Borrowing constraints, household debt, and racial discrimination in loan markets,"
9312, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Duca John V. & Rosenthal Stuart S., 1993. "Borrowing Constraints, Household Debt, and Racial Discrimination in Loan Markets," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 77-103, October.
- Blau, Francine D & Kahn, Lawrence M, 1981. "Causes and Consequences of Layoffs," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(2), pages 270-96, April.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Kahn, Charles M & Longhofer, Stanley D, 1994.
"Housing-Finance Intervention and Private Incentives: Helping Minorities and the Poor,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(3), pages 634-74, August.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Charles M. Kahn & Stanley D. Longhofer, 1994. "Housing-finance intervention and private incentives: helping minorities and the poor," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 634-678.
- Cochrane, John H, 1991. "A Simple Test of Consumption Insurance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 957-76, October.
- Robert J. Flanagan, 1978. "Discrimination Theory, Labor Turnover, and Racial Unemployment Differentials," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 13(2), pages 187-207.
- Michael H. Schill & Susan M. Wachter, 1994.
"Borrower and neighborhood racial and income characteristics and financial institution mortgage application screening,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, pages 223-243.
- Schill, Michael H & Wachter, Susan M, 1994. "Borrower and Neighborhood Racial and Income Characteristics and Financial Institution Mortgage Application Screening," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 223-39, November.
- Robert B. Avery & Patricia E. Beeson & Mark S. Sniderman, 1993. "Accounting for racial differences in housing credit markets," Working Paper 9310, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Lang William W. & Nakamura Leonard I., 1993. "A Model of Redlining," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 223-234, March.
- Cathy Cloud & George Galster, 1993. "What do we know about racial discrimination in mortgage markets?," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 101-120, September.
- James A. Berkovec & Glenn B. Canner & Stuart A. Gabriel & Timothy H. Hannan, 1994. "Race, redlining, and residential mortgage loan performance," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, pages 263-298.
- Holmes, Andrew & Horvitz, Paul, 1994. " Mortgage Redlining: Race, Risk, and Demand," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 81-99, March.
- Berkovec, James A, et al, 1994. "Race, Redlining, and Residential Mortgage Loan Performance," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 263-94, November.
- Robert M. Townsend, 1994. "Community development banking and Financial Institutions Act: a critique with recommendations," Proceedings 49, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Michael Fix & Raymond Struyk, 1993. "Clear and convincing evidence: Measurement of discrimination in america," Natural Field Experiments 00241, The Field Experiments Website.
- Clifford B. Hawley & Edwin T. Fujii, 1991. "Discrimination in Consumer Credit Markets," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 21-30, Jan-Mar.
- Glenn B. Canner, 1982. "Redlining : research and federal legislative response," Staff Studies 121, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Peter Jackson & Edward Montgomery, 1986. "Layoffs, Discharges and Youth Unemployment," NBER Chapters, in: The Black Youth Employment Crisis, pages 115-143 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffery W. Gunther, 1999. "Between a rock and a hard place: the CRA-safety and soundness pinch," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q II, pages 32-41.
- Robert L. Lacy & John R. Walter, 2002. "What can price theory say about the Community Reinvestment Act?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 1-27.
- Escalante, Cesar L. & Epperson, James E. & Raghunathan, Uthra, 2009. "Gender Bias Claims in Farm Service Agencyâ€™s Lending Decisions," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(2), August.
- Ross N. Dickens & Roger M. Shelor & Marc C. Chopin, 1996. "Mortgage Lenders' Market Response to a Landmark Regulatory Decision Based on Fair Lending Compliance," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 11(1), pages 57-70.
- AKM Rezaul Hossain, 2004. "The Past, Present and Future of Community Reinvestment Act (CRA): A Historical Perspective," Working papers 2004-30, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Douglas D. Evanoff & Lewis M. Segal, 1996. "CRA and fair lending regulations: resulting trends in mortgage lending," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Nov, pages 19-46.
- Lawrence, Edward C., 1997. "The viability of minority-owned banks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-21.
- Neil Bhutta, 2008. "Giving credit where credit is due? the Community Reinvestment Act and mortgage lending in lower-income neighborhoods," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-61, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (William Perkins).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.