Measuring Transparency in the Dutch Mortgage Market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal De Economist.
Volume (Year): 155 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100260
agency costs; lender-borrower matched data; mortgage market; price dispersion; search costs; D40; D80; E43;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fase, M. M. G., 1995. "The demand for commercial bank loans and the lending rate," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 99-115, January.
- Linda A. Toolsema & Jan P. A. M. Jacobs, 2007.
"Why do prices rise faster than they fall? With an application to mortgage rates,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(7), pages 701-712.
- Toolsema, Linda A. & Jacobs, Jan, 2001. "Why do prices rise faster than they fall? : with an application to mortgage rates," CCSO Working Papers 200106, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Saul Lach, 2002.
"Existence and Persistence of Price Dispersion: an Empirical Analysis,"
NBER Working Papers
8737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saul Lach, 2002. "Existence And Persistence Of Price Dispersion: An Empirical Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 433-444, August.
- Chiang, Raymond C & Chow, Ying-Foon & Liu, Ming, 2002. "Residential Mortgage Lending and Borrower Risk: The Relationship between Mortgage Spreads and Individual Characteristics," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 5-32, July.
- Harry E. Merriken, 1988. "Mortgage Loan Market Segmentation and Lender Pricing Behavior," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 3(1), pages 9-18.
- Nothaft, Frank E. & Perry, Vanessa G., 2002. "Do mortgage rates vary by neighborhood? Implications for loan pricing and redlining," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 244-265, September.
- Duca, John V & Rosenthal, Stuart S, 1994. "Do Mortgage Rates Vary Based on Household Default Characteristics? Evidence on Rate Sorting and Credit Rationing," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 99-113, March.
- Wette, Hildegard C, 1983. "Collateral in Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information: Note," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 442-45, June.
- Diamond, Peter A., 1971. "A model of price adjustment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 156-168, June.
- Toolsema, Linda A., 2002. "Competition in the Dutch consumer credit market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 2215-2229, November.
- Lunn, Pete, 2012. "Can Policy Improve Our Financial Decision-Making?," Papers EC8, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Cerqueiro, G.M. & Degryse, H.A. & Ongena, S., 2007.
"Rules versus Discretion in Loan Rate Setting,"
2007-59, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Geraldo Cerqueiro & Hans Degryse & Steven Ongena, 2007. "Rules versus Discretion in Loan Rate Setting," CESifo Working Paper Series 2091, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cerqueiro, Geraldo & Degryse, Hans & Ongena, Steven, 2007. "Rules versus Discretion in Loan Rate Setting," CEPR Discussion Papers 6450, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Geraldo CERQUEIRO & Hans DEGRYSE & Steven ONGENA, 2007. "Rules versus discretion in loan rate setting," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces0723, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Cerqueiro, G.M. & Degryse, H.A. & Ongena, S., 2007. "Rules versus Discretion in Loan Rate Setting," Discussion Paper 2007-026, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.