Government regulation and quality in the US beef market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 32 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary D. Libecap, 1991.
"The Rise of the Chicago Packers and the Origins of Meat Inspection and Antitrust,"
NBER Historical Working Papers
0029, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Libecap, Gary D, 1992. "The Rise of the Chicago Packers and the Origins of Meat Inspection and Antitrust," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(2), pages 242-62, April.
- Jayson L. Lusk & John A. Fox & Ted C. Schroeder & James Mintert & Mohammad Koohmaraie, 2001.
"In-Store Valuation of Steak Tenderness,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 539-550.
- Coulibaly, Nouhoun & Brorsen, B. Wade, 1998. "Resolving The Conflicts Between Previous Meat Generic Advertising Studies," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20897, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- John M. Crespi, 2003. "The Generic Advertising Controversy: How Did We Get Here and Where Are We Going?," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 25(2), pages 294-315.
- R. W. Ward & C. Lambert, 1993. "Generic Promotion Of Beef: Measuring The Impact Of The Us Beef Checkoff," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 456-465.
- John M. Marsh, 2003. "Impacts of Declining U.S. Retail Beef Demand on Farm-Level Beef Prices and Production," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 902-913.
- John D. Jackson, 1997. "Effects of Health Information and Generic Advertising on U.S. Meat Demand," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 13-23.
- Hayenga, Marvin L., 2000. "Meat Packer Vertical Integration and Contract Linkages in the Beef and Pork Industries: An Economic Perspective," Staff General Research Papers 10564, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Russell L. Lamb & Michelle Beshear, 1998. "From the Plains to the plate : can the beef industry regain market share?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 49-66.
- John Crespi & Stéphan Marette, 2002. "Generic Advertising and Product Differentiation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 691-701.
- Martinez, Stephen W., 2011. "Brand Premiums in the U.S. Beef Industry," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 42(2), July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.