Promoting sustainable intensification and productivity growth in Sahel agriculture after macroeconomic policy reform
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 22 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kelly, Valerie A. & Diagana, Bocar N. & Reardon, Thomas & Gaye, Matar & Crawford, Eric W., 1996.
"Cash Crop and Foodgrain Productivity in Senegal: Historical View, New Survey Evidence, and Policy Implications,"
Food Security International Development Papers
54051, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Kelley, Valerie A. & Diagana, Bocar N. & Reardon, Thomas & Gaye, Matar & Crawford, Eric W., 1996. "Cash Crop and Foodgrain Productivity in Senegal: Historical View, New Survey Evidence, and Policy Implications," Food Security International Development Policy Syntheses 11459, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Reardon, Thomas & Crawford, Eric W. & Kelly, Valerie A. & Diagana, Bocar N., 1995.
"Promoting Farm Investment for Sustainable Intensification of African Agriculture,"
Food Security International Development Papers
54053, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Reardon, Thomas & Crawford, Eric W. & Kelly, Valerie A. & Diagana, Bocar N., 1995. "Promoting Farm Investment for Sustainable Intensification of African Agriculture," Food Security International Development Policy Syntheses 11352, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Reardon, Thomas & Pietola, Kyosti, 1995. "Mechanization and Agricultural Supply Response in the Sahel: A Farm-Level Profit Function Analysis," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 4(3), pages 336-77, December.
- Binswanger, Hans P., 1986. "Evaluating research system performance and targeting research in land-abundant areas of Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 469-475, April.
- Matlon, Peter J., 1990. "Improving Productivity in Sorghum and Pearl Millet in Semi-Arid Africa," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 01.
- Speirs, M. & Olsen, O., 1992. "Indigenous Integrated Farming Systems in the Sahel," Papers 179, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Demont, Matty & Rutsaert, Pieter & Ndour, Maimouna & Verbeke, Wim, 2013. "Reversing Urban Bias in African Rice Markets: Evidence from Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 63-74.
- Diagana, Bocar & Akindes, Francis & Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Reardon, Thomas & Staatz, John, 1999. "Effects of the CFA franc devaluation on urban food consumption in West Africa: overview and cross-country comparisons," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 465-478, October.
- Tushemereirwe, Wilberforce K. & Kikulwe, Enoch & Rufino, Mariana & Kuyvenhoven, Arie & Ruben, Ruerd & Bagamba, Fredrick & Kalyebara, Robert, 2004. "Determinants Of Resource Allocation In Low Input Agriculture: The Case Of Banana Production In Uganda," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20147, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bert Meertens, 2000. "Agricultural performance in Tanzania under structural adjustment programs: Is it really so positive?," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 333-346, December.
- Obi, Ajuruchukwu & Chisango, Future Fortune T., 2011. "Performance of Smallholder Agriculture Under Limited Mechanization and the Fast Track Land Reform Program in Zimbabwe," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 14(4).
- Rovere, Roberto La & Keulen van, Herman & Hiernaux, Pierre & Szonyi, Judit & A. Schipper, Robert, 2008. "Intensification scenarios in south-western Niger: Implications for revisiting fertilizer policy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 156-164, April.
- Gockowski, James & Ndoumbe, Michel, 2004. "The adoption of intensive monocrop horticulture in southern Cameroon," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 195-202, May.
- Omamo, S. W. & Lynam, J. K., 2003. "Agricultural science and technology policy in Africa," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1681-1694, October.
- Dimithe, Georges & Bernsten, Richard H. & Staatz, John M. & Sanogo, Ousmane & Coulibaly, B.S. & Simpara, M., 2000. "Can Agricultural Production In The Marginal Lands Contribute To Improving Food Security In The Sahelian African Countries: An Evidence From The Bas-Fond Rice Production In Mali," Staff Papers 11669, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Aune, Jens B. & Bationo, André, 2008. "Agricultural intensification in the Sahel - The ladder approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 119-125, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.