Breaking up is hard to do? An analysis of termination fee provisions and merger outcomes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 69 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McLaughlin, Robyn M., 1990. "Investment-banking contracts in tender offers : An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 209-232.
- Walkling, Ralph A., 1985. "Predicting Tender Offer Success: A Logistic Analysis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 461-478, December.
- Giammarino, Ronald M & Heinkel, Robert L, 1986. " A Model of Dynamic Takeover Behavior," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(2), pages 465-80, June.
- Robert Comment & G. William Schwert, 1995.
"Poison or Placebo? Evidence on the Deterrent and Wealth Effects of Modern Antitakeover Measures,"
NBER Working Papers
4316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Comment, Robert & Schwert, G. William, 1995. "Poison or placebo? Evidence on the deterrence and wealth effects of modern antitakeover measures," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 3-43, September.
- Servaes, Henri & Zenner, Marc, 1996. "The Role of Investment Banks in Acquisitions," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(3), pages 787-815.
- Cotter, James F. & Zenner, Marc, 1994. "How managerial wealth affects the tender offer process," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 63-97, February.
- Berkovitch, Elazar & Bradley, Michael & Khanna, Naveen, 1989. "Tender Offer Auctions, Resistance Strategies, and Social Welfare," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 395-412, Fall.
- Banerjee, Ajeyo & Owers, James E., 1996. "The impact of the nature and sequence of multiple bids in corporate control contests," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 23-43, December.
- Hirshleifer, David, 1989. "Facilitation of Competing Bids and the Price of a Takeover Target," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt2496649g, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Smith, C.W. & Watts, R.L., 1992.
"The Investment Oppotunity set and Corporate Financing, Dividend and Compensation Policies,"
92-02, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Smith, Clifford Jr. & Watts, Ross L., 1992. "The investment opportunity set and corporate financing, dividend, and compensation policies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 263-292, December.
- Fishman, Michael J, 1989. " Preemptive Bidding and the Role of the Medium of Exchange in Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(1), pages 41-57, March.
- Martin, Kenneth J & McConnell, John J, 1991. " Corporate Performance, Corporate Takeovers, and Management Turnover," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 671-87, June.
- Pound, John, 1987. "The Effects of Antitakeover Amendments on Takeover Activity: Some Direct Evidence," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 353-67, October.
- Jennings, Robert H & Mazzeo, Michael A, 1993. "Competing Bids, Target Management Resistance, and the Structure of Takeover Bids," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(4), pages 883-909.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1997. "Industry costs of equity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 153-193, February.
- Randall Morck & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1988. "Characteristics of Targets of Hostile and Friendly Takeovers," NBER Chapters, in: Corporate Takeovers: Causes and Consequences, pages 101-136 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harry Huizinga & Johannes Voget & Wolf Wagner, 2008.
"International Taxation and Takeover Premiums in Cross-border M&As,"
0809, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Harry Huizinga & Johannes Voget & Wolf Wagner, 2008. "International Taxation and Takeover Premiums in Cross-border M&As," Working Papers 0826, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Huizinga, Harry & Voget, Johannes & Wagner, Wolf, 2009. "International Taxation and Takeover Premiums in Cross-border M&As," CEPR Discussion Papers 7182, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Makhija, Anil K. & Narayanan, Rajesh P., 2007. "Fairness Opinions in Mergers and Acquisitions," Working Paper Series 2007-11, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Utz Weitzel & Sjors Berns, 2006.
"Cross-border takeovers, corruption, and related aspects of governance,"
Journal of International Business Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(6), pages 786-806, November.
- Utz Weitzel & Sjors Berns, 2006. "Cross-Border Takeovers, Corruption, and Related Aspects of Governance," Working Papers 06-03, Utrecht School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.