Two-tier and negotiated tender offers: The imprisonment of the free-riding shareholder
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (1987)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bates, Thomas W. & Lemmon, Michael L., 2003. "Breaking up is hard to do? An analysis of termination fee provisions and merger outcomes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 469-504, September.
- Stephanie Rosenkranz & Utz Weitzel, 2005. "Bargaining in Mergers: The Role of Outside Options and Termination Provisions," Working Papers 05-32, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Cakici, Nusret & Hessel, Chris & Tandon, Kishore, 1996. "Foreign acquisitions in the United States: Effect on shareholder wealth of foreign acquiring firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 307-329, March.
- Sanjai Bhagat & Ming Dong & David A. Hirshleifer & Robert B. Noah, 2004.
"Do Tender Offers Create Value? New Methods and Evidence,"
- Bhagat, Sanjai & Dong, Ming & Hirshleifer, David & Noah, Robert, 2005. "Do tender offers create value? New methods and evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 3-60, April.
- Bhagat, Sanjai & Dong, Ming & Hirsheifer, David & Noah, Noah, 2004. "Do Tender Offers Create Value? New Methods and Evidence," Working Paper Series 2004-4, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Robert Comment & G. William Schwert, 1993.
"Poison or Placebo? Evidence on the Deterrent and Wealth Effects of Modern Antitakeover Measures,"
NBER Working Papers
4316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Comment, Robert & Schwert, G. William, 1995. "Poison or placebo? Evidence on the deterrence and wealth effects of modern antitakeover measures," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 3-43, September.
- S. Rosenkranz & G.U. Weitzel, 2007.
"Bargaining in Mergers and Termination Fees,"
07-06, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Corhay, Albert & Rad, Alireza Tourani, 2000. "International acquisitions and shareholder wealth Evidence from the Netherlands," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 163-174.
- Goldman, Eitan & Qian, Jun, 2005. "Optimal toeholds in takeover contests," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 321-346, August.
- Guo, Enyang & Keown, Arthur J. & Sen, Nilanjan, 1995. "An explanation of bidder returns in corporate acquisitions: the case of Japanese acquisitions of U.S. firms," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 145-154, July.
- Burns, Natasha & Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2007. "Cross-listing and legal bonding: Evidence from mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1003-1031, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.