On the choice and replacement of chief financial officers
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 60 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Weisbach, Michael S., 1988. "Outside directors and CEO turnover," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 431-460, January.
- Denis, David J & Denis, Diane K, 1995. " Performance Changes Following Top Management Dismissals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-57, September.
- Gilson, Stuart C., 1989. "Management turnover and financial distress," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 241-262, December.
- Warner, Jerold B. & Watts, Ross L. & Wruck, Karen H., 1988. "Stock prices and top management changes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 461-492, January.
- Furtado, Eugene P. H. & Rozeff, Michael S., 1987. "The wealth effects of company initiated management changes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 147-160, March.
- Murphy, Kevin J. & Zimmerman, Jerold L., 1993. "Financial performance surrounding CEO turnover," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-3), pages 273-315, April.
- Bonnier, Karl-Adam & Bruner, Robert F., 1989. "An analysis of stock price reaction to management change in distressed firms," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 95-106, February.
- Bremer, Diedrich & Lüdtke, Jan-Philipp & Richter, Ansgar & Schäfer, Utz, 2009. "Who disciples the CFO? An assessment of stakeholder power in corporate governance," MPRA Paper 15782, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martinez Leonardo, 2009.
"Reputation, Career Concerns, and Job Assignments,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-29, May.
- Hadem, Michael, 2010. "Bedingungen und Konsequenzen des Wechsels von Finanzvorständen - Eine Analyse in großen börsennotierten Unternehmen," EconStor Theses, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, number 43681, April.
- Andreas Venus & Andreas Engelen, 2012. "A Strategy Perspective on the Performance Relevance of the CFO," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-021, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Stefan Hilger & Ansgar Richter & Utz Schaeffer, 2013. "Hanging Together, Together Hung? Career Implications of Interpersonal Ties Between CEOs and Top Managers," BuR - Business Research, German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 6(1), pages 8-32, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.