On Fixed-Path Rationing Methods
AbstractMoulin (1999) characterizes the fixed-path rationing methods by efficiency, strategy-proofness, consistency, and resource-monotonicity. In this note, we give a straightforward proof of his result.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 106 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Other versions of this item:
- Ehlers, L., 2001. "On Fixed-Path Rationing Methods," Cahiers de recherche 2001-24, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- EHLERS, Lars, 2001. "On Fixed-Path Rationing Methods," Cahiers de recherche 2001-24, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moulin, Herv�, 1998.
"Rationing a Commodity Along Fixed Paths,"
98-01, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Sprumont, Yves, 1991. "The Division Problem with Single-Peaked Preferences: A Characterization of the Uniform Allocation Rule," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 509-19, March.
- Thomson, W., 1991. "Resource-Monotonic Solutions to the Problem of Fair Divosion when Preferences are Single-Peaked ," RCER Working Papers 301, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Thomson William, 1994. "Consistent Solutions to the Problem of Fair Division When Preferences Are Single-Peaked," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 219-245, August.
- Gustavo Bergantiños & Jordi Massó & Inés Moreno de Barreda & Alejandro Neme, 2013.
"Stable Partitions in Many Division Problems: The Proportional and the Sequential Dictator Solutions,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
941.13, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Gustavo Bergantiños & Jordi Massó & Inés Moreno de Barreda & Alejandro Neme, 2013. "Stable Partitions in Many Division Problems: The Proportional and the Sequential Dictator Solutions," Working Papers 739, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Anirban Kar & Özgür Kıbrıs, 2008. "Allocating multiple estates among agents with single-peaked preferences," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 641-666, December.
- Lars Ehlers, 2011. "A characterization of the uniform rule without Pareto-optimality," SERIEs, Spanish Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 447-452, December.
- Gustavo Bergantiños & Jordi Massó & Alejandro Neme, 2012. "The division problem with maximal capacity constraints," SERIEs, Spanish Economic Association, vol. 3(1), pages 29-57, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.