The behavioral relevance of mental accounting for the pricing of financial options
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 53 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard H. Thaler, 2008.
"Mental Accounting and Consumer Choice,"
INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 15-25, 01-02.
- Thaler, Richard H & Shefrin, H M, 1981.
"An Economic Theory of Self-Control,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 392-406, April.
- Thaler, Richard, 1980. "Toward a positive theory of consumer choice," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 39-60, March.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1998.
"Human Behavior and the Efficiency of the Financial System,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1172, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Shiller, Robert J., 1999. "Human behavior and the efficiency of the financial system," Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 20, pages 1305-1340 Elsevier.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1998. "Human Behavior and the Efficiency of the Financial System," NBER Working Papers 6375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shefrin, Hersh M & Thaler, Richard H, 1988. "The Behavioral Life-Cycle Hypothesis," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(4), pages 609-43, October.
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985.
"The equity premium: A puzzle,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Marianne Baxter & Urban J. Jermann, 1995.
"The International Diversification Puzzle is Worse Than You Think,"
NBER Working Papers
5019, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baxter, Marianne & Jermann, Urban J, 1997. "The International Diversification Puzzle Is Worse Than You Think," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 170-80, March.
- Baxter, M. & Jermann, U.J., 1993. "The International Diversification Puzzle is Worse than you Think," RCER Working Papers 350, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Niko Canner & N. Gregory Mankiw & David N. Weil, 1994.
"An Asset Allocation Puzzle,"
NBER Working Papers
4857, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abbink, Klaus & Bettina Kuon, 1996. "An Experimental Investigation of the Option Pricing Approach," Discussion Paper Serie B 376, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
7656, David K. Levine.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-91, March.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Abbink, Klaus & Abdolkarim Sadrieh, 1995. "RatImage - research Assistance Toolbox for Computer-Aided Human Behavior Experiments," Discussion Paper Serie B 325, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Skinner, Jonathan, 1989.
"Housing wealth and aggregate saving,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 305-324, May.
- Shefrin, Hersh & Statman, Meir, 2000. "Behavioral Portfolio Theory," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(02), pages 127-151, June.
- Warshawsky, Mark, 1987. "Sensitivity to Market Incentives: The Case of Policy Loans," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(2), pages 286-95, May.
- Siddiqi, Hammad, 2011. "Thinking by analogy, systematic risk, and option prices," MPRA Paper 31316, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shengle Lin & Stephen Rassenti, 2010. "Are Under- and Over-reaction the Same Matter? A Price Inertia based Account," Working Papers 10-05, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Siddiqi, Hammad, 2010. "The relevance of coarse thinking for investors' willingness to pay: An experimental study," MPRA Paper 23924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Siddiqi, Hammad, 2012. "The relevance of thinking-by-analogy for investors’ willingness-to-pay: An experimental study," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 19-29.
- Siddiqi, Hammad, 2009. "Coarse Thinking and Pricing a Financial Option," MPRA Paper 21749, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chorvat, Terrence, 2006. "Taxing utility," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Siddiqi, Hammad, 2013. "Mental Accounting: A Closed-Form Alternative to the Black Scholes Model," MPRA Paper 50759, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Siddiqi, Hammad, 2013. "Analogy Making, Option Prices, and Implied Volatility," MPRA Paper 48862, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Wolff & Thorsten Lehnert & Cokki Versluis, 2009. "A Cumulative Prospect Theory Approach to Option Pricing," LSF Research Working Paper Series 09-03, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Beatty, Timothy K.M. & Tuttle, Charlotte, 2012. "Expenditure response to increases in in-kind transfers: Evidence from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program," 2012 AAEA/EAAE Food Environment Symposium, May 30-31, Boston, MA 122873, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Lin, Shengle & Rassenti, Stephen, 2012. "Are under- and over-reaction the same matter? Experimental evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 39-61.
- Siddiqi, Hammad, 2009. "Does Coarse Thinking Matter for Option Pricing? Evidence from an Experiment," MPRA Paper 13515, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Siddiqi, Hammad, 2010. "Coarse thinking, implied volatility, and the valuation of call and put options," MPRA Paper 23261, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.