Japanese firms in financial distress and main banks: Analyses of interest-rate premia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Japan and the World Economy.
Volume (Year): 8 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505557
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hoshi, Takeo & Kashyap, Anil & Scharfstein, David, 1990.
"The role of banks in reducing the costs of financial distress in Japan,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 67-88, September.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1990. "The Role of Banks in Reducing the Costs of Financial Distress in Japan," NBER Working Papers 3435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sheard, Paul, 1989. "The main bank system and corporate monitoring and control in Japan," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 399-422, May.
- Hoshi, Takeo & Kashyap, Anil & Scharfstein, David, 1991.
"Corporate Structure, Liquidity, and Investment: Evidence from Japanese Industrial Groups,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 106(1), pages 33-60, February.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1989. "Corporate structure, liquidity, and investment: evidence from Japanese industrial groups," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1985. "Credit Markets and the Control of Capital," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(2), pages 133-52, May.
- Horiuchi, Akiyoshi & Packer, Frank & Fukuda, Shinichi, 1988. "What role has the "Main Bank" played in Japan?," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 159-180, June.
- repec:fth:harver:1512 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shin, G. Hwan & Fraser, Donald R. & Kolari, James W., 2003. "How does banking industry consolidation affect bank-firm relationships? Evidence from a large Japanese bank merger," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 285-304, July.
- Gower, Luke & Kalirajan, Kali, 1998. "DID Japanese main banks improve the technical efficiencies of their non-financial client firms in the 1980s?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 455-466, October.
- Francesca Bartoli & Giovanni Ferri & Pierluigi Murro & Zeno Rotondi, 2011.
"Bank-firm relations and the role of Mutual Guarantee Institutions during the crisis,"
0034, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Metodi Matematici - Università di Bari, revised Jan 2011.
- Bartoli, Francesca & Ferri, Giovanni & Murro, Pierluigi & Rotondi, Zeno, 2013. "Bank–firm relations and the role of Mutual Guarantee Institutions at the peak of the crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 90-104.
- Hasumi, Ryo & Hirata, Hideaki & Ono, Arito, 2012.
"Differentiated Use of Small Business Credit Scoring by Relationship Lenders and Transactional Lenders: Evidence from Firm-Bank Matched Data in Japan,"
Working Paper Series
23, Center for Interfirm Network, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- HASUMI Ryo & HIRATA Hideaki & ONO Arito, 2011. "Differentiated Use of Small Business Credit Scoring by Relationship Lenders and Transactional Lenders: Evidence from firm-bank matched data in Japan," Discussion papers 11070, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Owualah, Sunday I., 2002. "SMEs, borrowing constraints and banking relationships in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 87-100, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.