What role has the "Main Bank" played in Japan?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of the Japanese and International Economies.
Volume (Year): 2 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Okamuro, Hiroyuki, 2001.
"Risk sharing in the supplier relationship: new evidence from the Japanese automotive industry,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 361-381, August.
- Okamuro, Hiroyuki, 1997. "Risk sharing in the supplier relationship: new evidence from the Japanese automotive industry," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Dynamics FS IV 97-18, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Bernotas, David, 2005. "Ownership structure and firm profitability in the Japanese keiretsu," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 533-554, June.
- Yoshiro Miwa & J. Mark Ramseyer, 2001. "The Myth of the Main Bank: Japan and Comparative Corporate Governance," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-131, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Cho, Joonmo, 2005. "Human resource management, corporate governance structure and corporate performance in Korea: a comparative analysis of Japan, US and Korea," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 417-430, December.
- Kang, Jun-Koo & Kim, Kenneth A. & Kitsabunnarat-Chatjuthamard, P. & Nishikawa, Takeshi, 2011. "The effects of bank relations on stock repurchases: Evidence from Japan," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 94-116, January.
- Yoon Je Cho & Hellmann, Thomas, 1993. "The government's role in Japanese and Korean credit markets : a new institutional economics perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1190, The World Bank.
- Luke Gower, 2000. "Some Structural Causes of Japan’s Banking Problems," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2000-03, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Kawai, Masahiro & Hashimoto, Juro & Izumida, Shigemi, 1996. "Japanese firms in financial distress and main banks: Analyses of interest-rate premia," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 175-194, June.
- Patrick McGuire, 2009.
"Bank ties and firm performance in Japan: some evidence since FY2002,"
BIS Working Papers
272, Bank for International Settlements.
- Patrick McGuire, 2009. "Bank Ties and Firm Performance in Japan: Some Evidence since FY2002," IMES Discussion Paper Series 09-E-03, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Janne Peltoniemi, 2007. "The Benefits of Relationship Banking: Evidence from Small Business Financing in Finland," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 153-171, June.
- Yao, Jun & Ouyang, Hongbing, 2007. "Dark-side evidence on bank-firm relationship in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 198-213, March.
- Ushijima, Tatsuo, 2008. "Domestic bank health and foreign direct investment," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 291-309, September.
- Yoshiro Miwa & J. Mark Ramseyer, 2003. "Does Relationship Banking Matter? Japanese Bank-Borrower Ties in Good Times and Bad," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-239, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.