The macro determinants of health expenditure in the United States and Canada: assessing the impact of income, age distribution and time
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Health Policy.
Volume (Year): 71 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hung, Jung-Hua & Chang, Li, 2008. "Has cost containment after the National Health Insurance system been successful: Determinants of Taiwan hospital costs," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 321-335, March.
- Alex R. Horenstein & Manuel S. Santos, 2012. "A Cross-Country Analysis of Health Care Expenditures," Working Papers 2013-05, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Giuliano Masiero & Massimo Filippini & Matus Ferech & Herman Goossens, 2007. "Determinants of outpatient antibiotic consumption in Europe: bacterial resistance and drug prescribers," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 0702, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- David Prieto & Santiago Lago-Peñas, 2012. "Decomposing the determinants of health care expenditure: the case of Spain," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 19-27, February.
- M. Filippini & L. Ortiz & G. Masiero, 2013.
"Assessing the impact of national antibiotic campaigns in Europe,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 587-599, August.
- Massimo Filippini & González Ortiz, Laura G. & Giuliano Masiero, 2012. "Assessing the impact of national antibiotic campaigns in Europe," Working Papers 1202, Department of Economics and Technology Management, University of Bergamo.
- Jorge Alcalde-Unzu & Roberto Ezcurra & Pedro Pascual, 2009. "Cross-country disparities in health-care expenditure: a factor decomposition," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 479-485.
- Pammolli, Fabio & Riccaboni, Massimo & Oglialoro, Claudia & Magazzini, Laura & Baio, Gianluca & Salerno, Nicola, 2005.
"Medical Devices Competitiveness and Impact on Public Health Expenditure,"
16021, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gianluca Baio & Laura Magazzini & Claudia Oglialoro & Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni, 2005. "Medical Devices: Competitiveness and Impact on Public Health Expenditure," Working Papers 05-2005, Competitività Regole Mecati (CERM).
- Nilgun Yavuz & Veli Yilanci & Zehra Ozturk, 2013. "Is health care a luxury or a necessity or both? Evidence from Turkey," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 5-10, February.
- Schreyögg, Jonas & Bäumler, Michael & Busse, Reinhard, 2009. "Balancing adoption and affordability of medical devices in Europe," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(2-3), pages 218-224, October.
- Ziebarth, Nicolas R., 2011.
"Assessing the Effectiveness of Health Care Cost Containment Measures,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5602, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nicolas R. Ziebarth, 2011. "Assessing the Effectiveness of Health Care Cost Containment Measures," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 352, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Eibich, Peter & Ziebarth, Nicolas, 2013.
"Examining the Structure of Spatial Health Effects using Hierarchical Bayes Models,"
Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
79844, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Peter Eibich & Nicolas R. Ziebarth, 2013. "Examining the Structure of Spatial Health Effects in Germany Using Hierarchical Bayes Models," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 620, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Michel Dumont & Peter Willemé, 2013. "Working Paper 02-13 - Machines that go ‘ping’: medical technology and health expenditures in OECD countries," Working Papers 1302, Federal Planning Bureau, Belgium.
- Laura GonzÃ¡lez & Giuliano Masiero, 2011. "Disentangling spillover effects of antibiotic consumption: a spatial panel approach," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 1106, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Kamil Dybczak & Bartosz Przywara, 2010. "The role of technology in health care expenditure in the EU," European Economy - Economic Papers 400, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- M. Filippini & G. Masiero, 2012.
"An empirical analysis of habit and addiction to antibiotics,"
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 471-486, April.
- Massimo Filippini & Giuliano Masiero, 2011. "An empirical analysis of habit and addiction to antibiotics," Working Papers 1110, Department of Economics and Technology Management, University of Bergamo.
- Bech, Mickael & Lauridsen, Jørgen, 2008. "Exploring the spatial pattern in hospital admissions," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 50-62, July.
- Filippini, Massimo & Masiero, Giuliano & Moschetti, Karine, 2006. "Socioeconomic determinants of regional differences in outpatient antibiotic consumption: Evidence from Switzerland," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 77-92, August.
- Corinna Sorenson & Michael Drummond & Beena Bhuiyan Kahn, 2013. "Medical technology as a key driver of rising health expenditures: disentangling the relationship," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 48043, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Giardina, Emilio & Cavalieri, Marina & Guccio, Calogero & Mazza, Isidoro, 2009. "Federalism, Party Competition and Budget Outcome: Empirical Findings on Regional Health Expenditure in Italy," MPRA Paper 16437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jochen Hartwig & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2012. "An outlier-robust extreme bounds analysis of the determinants of health-care expenditure growth," KOF Working papers 12-307, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.