Multicriteria analysis for agricultural resource management: A critical survey and future perspectives
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 122 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mokhtar S. Bazaraa & Aziz Bouzaher, 1981. "A Linear Goal Programming Model for Developing Economies with an Illustration from the Agricultural Sector in Egypt," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 396-413, April.
- van Huylenbroeck, G., 1995. "The conflict analysis method: bridging the gap between ELECTRE, PROMETHEE and ORESTE," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 490-502, May.
- Bouyssou, Denis, 1986. "Some remarks on the notion of compensation in MCDM," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 150-160, July.
- Zekri, S. & Albisu, L. M., 1993. "Economic impact of soil salinity in agriculture. A case study of Bardenas area, Spain," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 369-386.
- Hayashi, Kiyotada, 1998. "Multicriteria aid for agricultural decisions using preference relations: methodology and application," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 483-503, December.
- Sinha, S. B. & Rao, K. A. & Mangaraj, B. K., 1988. "Fuzzy goal programming in multi-criteria decision systems: A case study in agricultural planning," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 93-101.
- Miranowski, John & Boggess, W. & Alt, K. & Heady, E., 1980. "Sediment Damage and Farm Production Costs: A Multiple-Objective Analysis," Staff General Research Papers 10721, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Millan, JoseS. & Berbel, Julio, 1994. "A multicriteria model for irrigated agricultural planning under economic and technical risk," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 105-117.
- J.C. Flinn & S. Jayasuriya & C.G. Knight, 1980.
"Incorporating Multiple Objectives In Planning Models Of Low‐Resource Farmers,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 24(1), pages 35-45, 04.
- Flinn, John C. & Jayasuriya, Sisira & Knight, C. Gregory, 1980. "Incorporating Multiple Objectives In Planning Models Of Low-Resource Farmers," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 24(01), April.
- Robert J. Delforce & J. Brian Hardaker, 1985. "An Experiment In Multiattribute Utility Theory," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 29(3), pages 179-198, December.
- Romero, Carlos & Rehman, Tahir, 1987. "Natural Resource Management and the Use of Multiple Criteria Decision-Making Techniques: A Review," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 14(1), pages 61-89.
- Rüdiger von Nitzsch & Martin Weber, 1993. "The Effect of Attribute Ranges on Weights in Multiattribute Utility Measurements," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(8), pages 937-943, August.
- Edwards, Ward & Barron, F. Hutton, 1994. "SMARTS and SMARTER: Improved Simple Methods for Multiattribute Utility Measurement," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 306-325, December.
- Fischer, Gregory W., 1995. "Range Sensitivity of Attribute Weights in Multiattribute Value Models," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 252-266, June.
- Berbel, J. & Rodriguez-Ocana, A., 1998. "An MCDM approach to production analysis: An application to irrigated farms in Southern Spain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 108-118, May.
- Dillon, John L. & Perry, Chad, 1977. "Multiattribute Utility Theory, Multiple Objectives And Uncertainty In Ex Ante Project Evaluation," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 45, June.
- Aziz Bouzaher & Guillermo A. Mendoza, 1987. "Goal Programming: Potential and Limitations for Agricultural Economics," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 35(1), pages 89-107, 03.
- Rosato, Paolo & Stellin, Giuseppe, 1993. "A multi-criteria approach to territorial management: The case of the Caorle and Bibione lagoon nature park," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 399-417.
- Willis, Cleve E. & Willis, Michael S., 1993. "Multiple criteria and nearly optimal solutions in greenhouse management," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 289-303.
- Lee, Donna J. & Tipton, Trace & Leung, PingSun, 1995. "Modelling cropping decisions in a rural developing country: a multiple-objective programming approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 101-111.
- Rehman, T. & Romero, C., 1993. "The application of the MCDM paradigm to the management of agricultural systems: Some basic considerations," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 239-255.
- Okoruwa, Victor & Jabbar, M. A. & Akinwumi, J. A., 1996. "Crop-livestock competition in the West African derived savanna: Application of a multi-objective programming model," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 439-453, December.
- Bana E Costa, Carlos A. & Stewart, Theodor J. & Vansnick, Jean-Claude, 1997. "Multicriteria decision analysis: Some thoughts based on the tutorial and discussion sessions of the ESIGMA meetings," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 28-37, May.
- Nibbering, Jan Willem & van Rheenen, Teunis, 1998. "The development of a quantitative method for setting research priorities: A critical assessment," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 145-165, February.
- Berbel, Julio, 1989. "Analysis of Protected Cropping: An Application of Multiobjective Programming Techniques to Spanish Horticulture," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 16(2), pages 203-16.
- Piech, Bozena & Rehman, T., 1993. "Application of multiple criteria decision making methods to farm planning: A case study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 305-319.
- de Wit, C. T. & van Keulen, H. & Seligman, N. G. & Spharim, I., 1988. "Application of interactive multiple goal programming techniques for analysis and planning of regional agricultural development," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 211-230.
- Delforce, Robert J. & Hardaker, J. Brian, 1985. "An Experiment In Multiattribute Utility Theory," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 29(03), December.
- Siskos, Y. & Despotis, D. K. & Ghediri, M., 1994. "Multiobjective modelling for regional agricultural planning: Case study in Tunisia," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 375-391, September.
- Maino, Mario & Berdegue, Julio & Rivas, Teodoro, 1993. "Multiple objective programming -- An application for analysis and evaluation of peasant economy of the VIIIth Region of Chile," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 387-397.
- Julio Berbel & Julio Gallego & Horacio Sagues, 1991. "Marketing goals vs. business profitability: An interactive multiple criteria decision-making approach," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(6), pages 537-549.
- Tipparat Pongthanapanich, 2003. "Review of Mathematical Programming for Coastal Land Use Optimization," Working Papers 52/2003, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Environmental and Business Economics.
- Bartolini, Fabio & Gallerani, Vittorio & Viaggi, Davide, 2008. "Ex-Ante Evaluation Of Agri-Environmental Schemes: Combining Elements Of Private And Public Decision Making," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6639, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gamper, C.D. & Turcanu, C., 2007. "On the governmental use of multi-criteria analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 298-307, April.
- Carravilla, M. A. & Oliveira, J. F., 2013. "Operations Research in Agriculture: Better Decisions for a Scarce and Uncertain World," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 5(2), June.
- Kurka, Thomas & Blackwood, David, 2013. "Selection of MCA methods to support decision making for renewable energy developments," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 225-233.
- Memtsas, Dimitris P., 2003. "Multiobjective programming methods in the reserve selection problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 150(3), pages 640-652, November.
- Ahumada, Omar & Villalobos, J. Rene, 2009. "Application of planning models in the agri-food supply chain: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(1), pages 1-20, July.
- Gerdessen, Johanna C. & Pascucci, Stefano, 2013. "Data Envelopment Analysis of sustainability indicators of European agricultural systems at regional level," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 78-90.
- Kipperberg, Gorm & Bond, Craig A. & Hoag, Dana L., 2008. "An Application of Mixed Logit Estimation in the Analysis of Producers’ Stated Preferences," Working Papers 108719, Colorado State University, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Gomez-Limon, Jose Antonio & Berbel, Julio & Arriaza Balmon, Manuel, 2005. "MCDM Farm System Analysis for Public Management of Irrigated Agriculture," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24676, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bartolini, F. & Bazzani, G.M. & Gallerani, V. & Raggi, M. & Viaggi, D., 2007. "The impact of water and agriculture policy scenarios on irrigated farming systems in Italy: An analysis based on farm level multi-attribute linear programming models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-3), pages 90-114, March.
- Jorge Dante de Prada & Tsoung-Chao Lee & Ariel Ricardo Angeli & José Manuel Cisneros & Alberto Cantero G., 2008. "Análisis multicriterio de la conservación de suelo: Aplicación a una cuenca representativa del centro argentino," Revista Iberoamericana de Economía Ecológica, Red Iberoamericana de Economía Ecológica, vol. 9, pages 45-59, Diciembre.
- Dionysis Latinopoulos, 2009. "Multicriteria decision-making for efficient water and land resources allocation in irrigated agriculture," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 329-343, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.