Analysis of Protected Cropping: An Application of Multiobjective Programming Techniques to Spanish Horticulture
AbstractThis paper deals with labor-managed horticultural firms in southeastern Spain. It tries to model the decision-making processes and the conflicts between profit maximization, risk minimization, leisure, and seasonal labor as decisionmakers' objectives. A vectorial optimization model is developed and different farm types are analyzed. The selected location is Almeria where the horticultural farms are studied by reference types, which include all the possible family farms in the area. The model uses the multiobjective techniques to analyze the empirical problem. The analysis of risk incorporates some recent advances in the treatment of risk in linear programming. It is concluded that the compromise solution describes reality better than an income-maximizing or risk-minimizing solution. Copyright 1989 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics in its journal European Review of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 16 (1989)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. López & J. Pastor, 1995. "A review of O.R. practice in Spain," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 307-336, December.
- Hayashi, Kiyotada, 2000. "Multicriteria analysis for agricultural resource management: A critical survey and future perspectives," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 486-500, April.
- Gomez Gomez, Carlos Mario & Gutierrez, Carlos, 2008. "The MODERE Model and The Economic Analysis of Farmers’ Decisions," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6492, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Muhammad Azeem Khan & Tahir Rehman, 2000. "Application of Multiple Criteria Decision Models for Oilseed Crops in Pakistan’s Punjab," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 39(4), pages 515-532.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.