Financial institutions and the financial crisis in East Asia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 43 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4-6 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steven Radelet & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1998. "The East Asian Financial Crisis: Diagnosis, Remedies, Prospects," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1), pages 1-90.
- Dewatripont, M & Maskin, E, 1995.
"Credit and Efficiency in Centralized and Decentralized Economies,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 541-55, October.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Eric Maskin, 1995. "Credit and efficiency in centralized and decentralized economies," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9603, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Eric Maskin, 2004. "Credit and efficiency in centralized and decentralized economies," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9605, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cho, Y.J. & Kim, J.K., 1995. "Credit Policies and the Industrialization of Korea," World Bank - Discussion Papers 286, World Bank.
- Kornai, Janos, 1986. "The Hungarian Reform Process: Visions, Hopes, and Reality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(4), pages 1687-1737, December.
- Qian, Yingyi & Xu, Chenggang, 1998. "Innovation and Bureaucracy under Soft and Hard Budget Constraints," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(1), pages 151-64, January.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817, August.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Heinrich, Ralph P. & Spinanger, Dean & Engerer, Hella & Lodahl, Maria & Schrettl, Wolfram & Schrooten, Mechthild & Gabrisch, Hubert & Sigmund, Peter, 1998.
"Die wirtschaftliche Lage Rußlands: Krise offenbart Fehler der Wirtschaftspolitik. Dreizehnter Bericht,"
Kiel Discussion Papers
330/331, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Buch, Claudia M. & Heinrich, Ralph P. & Spinanger, Dean & Engerer, Hella & Lodahl, Maria & Schrettl, Wolfram & Schrooten, Mechthild & Gabrisch, Hubert & Sigmund, Peter, 1998. "Die wirtschaftliche Lage Rußlands: Krise offenbart Fehler der Wirtschaftspolitik. Dreizehnter Bericht," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1051, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Dennis Mueller, 2006. "Corporate Governance and Economic Performance," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(5), pages 623-643.
- J. Kornai & E. Maskin & G. Roland., 2004.
"Understanding the Soft Budget Constraint,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 12.
- J�nos Kornai & Eric Maskin & G�rard Roland, 2003. "Understanding the Soft Budget Constraint," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1095-1136, December.
- J. Kornai & E. Maskin & G. Roland., 2004. "Understanding the Soft Budget Constraint," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 11.
- Qin, Duo, 2001. "How much does excess debt contribute to currency crises? the case of Korea," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 87-104.
- Carney, M. & Gedajlovic, E.R., 2001. "Organisational Path-Dependence and Institutional Environment," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-07-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Maskin, Eric & Xu, Cheng-Gang, 2001.
"Soft Budget Constraint Theories: From Centralization to the Market,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2715, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eric Maskin & Chenggang Xu, 2001. "Soft budget constraint theories: From centralization to the market," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 9(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Kenc, Turalay & Ozkan, Aydin & Ozkan, F. Gulcin, 2005. "Corporate bankruptcies and official bail-outs: A cost-benefit analysis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 437-453, December.
- Chow, Clement K.W. & Song, Frank M. & Wong, Kit Pong, 2010. "Investment and the soft budget constraint in China," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 219-227, April.
- Vahabi, Mehrdad, 2003.
"La contrainte budgétaire lâche et la théorie économique
[Soft Budget Constraint and Economic Theory]," MPRA Paper 17651, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Demetriades, Panicos O. & Fattouh, Bassam A, 2006. "Excess Credit and the South Korean Crisis," Working Paper Series RP2006/84, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Alexeev, Michael & Kim, Sunghwan, 2008. "The Korean financial crisis and the soft budget constraint," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 178-193, October.
- Bignebat, C. & Gouret, F., 2006. "Which Firms Have a Soft Loan ? Managers' Believes in a Cross-Country Survey in Transition Economies," Working Papers MOISA 200603, UMR MOISA : Marchés, Organisations, Institutions et Stratégies d'Acteurs : CIHEAM-IAMM, CIRAD, INRA, Montpellier SupAgro, IRD - Montpellier, France.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2003. "On the Causes of Overlending: Are Guarantees on Deposits the Culprit?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4055, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.