Financial contagion vulnerability and resistance: A comparison of European stock markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economic Systems.
Volume (Year): 29 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Landshuter Str. 4, 93047 Regensburg
Phone: +49-(0)941-943 54 10
Fax: +49-(0)941-943 54 27
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/621171
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jorge A. Chan-Lau & Donald J. Mathieson & James Y. Yao, 2004.
"Extreme Contagion in Equity Markets,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 51(2), pages 8.
- Kee-Hong Bae & G. Andrew Karolyi & Rene M. Stulz, 2000.
"A New Approach to Measuring Financial Contagion,"
NBER Working Papers
7913, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francisco J. Climent & Vicente Meneu, 2001.
"Has 1997 Asian Crisis increased Information Flows between International Markets?,"
01-01, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Climent, Francisco & Meneu, Vicente, 2003. "Has 1997 Asian crisis increased information flows between international markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 111-143.
- Francisco J. Climent & Vicente Meneu, . "Has 1997 Asian Crisis Increased Information Flows Between International Markets?," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 01-01, FEDEA.
- Roberto Rigobon, 2001.
"Contagion: How to Measure It?,"
NBER Working Papers
8118, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- C. Emre Alper, 2001. "The Turkish Liquidity Crisis of 2000: What Went Wrong..," Working Papers 2001/11, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Reuven Glick & Andrew K. Rose, 1998.
"Contagion and Trade: Why Are Currency Crises Regional?,"
NBER Working Papers
6806, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glick, Reuven & Rose, Andrew K., 1999. "Contagion and trade: Why are currency crises regional?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 603-617, August.
- Glick, Reuven & Rose, Andrew K, 1998. "Contagion and Trade: Why are Currency Crises Regional," CEPR Discussion Papers 1947, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Reuven Glick & Andrew K. Rose, 1998. "Contagion and trade: why are currency crises regional?," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 98-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 241-256, June.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Angela Ng, 2005.
"Market Integration and Contagion,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 39-70, January.
- François Longin, 2001. "Extreme Correlation of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 649-676, 04.
- Frederic S. Mishkin & Eugene N. White, 2002.
"U.S. Stock Market Crashes and Their Aftermath: Implications for Monetary Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
8992, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eugene White & Frederic Mishkin, 2002. "U.S.Stock Market Crashes and Their Aftermath: Implications for Monetary Policy," Departmental Working Papers 200208, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- G. Andrew Karolyi, 2004.
"Does International Financial Contagion Really Exist?,"
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance,
Morgan Stanley, vol. 16(2-3), pages 136-146.
- Karolyi, G Andrew, 2003. "Does International Financial Contagion Really Exist?," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 179-99, Summer.
- Marcello Pericoli & Massimo Sbracia, 2001.
"A Primer on Financial Contagion,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
407, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Taimur Baig & Ilan Goldfajn, 1999. "Financial Market Contagion in the Asian Crisis," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 46(2), pages 3.
- Mervyn A. King & Sushil Wadhwani, 1989.
"Transmission of Volatility Between Stock Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
2910, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ratna Sahay & Gaston Gelos, 2000.
"Financial Market Spillovers in Transition Economies,"
IMF Working Papers
00/71, International Monetary Fund.
- R. Gaston Gelos & Ratna Sahay, 2001. "Financial market spillovers in transition economies," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 9(1), pages 53-86, March.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 2003. "Emerging markets finance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 3-56, February.
- Darvas, Zsolt & Szapary, Gyorgy, 2000. "Financial Contagion in Five Small Open Economies: Does the Exchange Rate Regime Really Matter?," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 25-51, April.
- Billio, Monica & Pelizzon, Loriana, 2003. "Contagion and interdependence in stock markets: Have they been misdiagnosed?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(5-6), pages 405-426.
- Kaminsky, Graciela L. & Reinhart, Carmen M., 2000.
"On crises, contagion, and confusion,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 145-168, June.
- Malliaris, A. G. & Urrutia, Jorge L., 1992. "The International Crash of October 1987: Causality Tests," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 353-364, September.
- Scheicher, Martin, 2001. "The Comovements of Stock Markets in Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(1), pages 27-39, January.
- Moser, Thomas, 2003. "What Is International Financial Contagion?," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 157-78, Summer.
- Chen, Gong-meng & Firth, Michael & Meng Rui, Oliver, 2002. "Stock market linkages: Evidence from Latin America," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1113-1141, June.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 2002. "Research in emerging markets finance: looking to the future," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 429-448, December.
- Bohl, Martin T. & Essid, Badye & Siklos, Pierre L., 2012.
"Do short selling restrictions destabilize stock markets? Lessons from Taiwan,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 198-206.
- Martin T. Bohl & Badye Essid & Pierre L. Siklos, 2011. "Do Short Selling Restrictions Destabilize Stock Markets? Lessons from Taiwan," Working Papers 112011, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Büttner, David & Hayo, Bernd, 2010.
"News and correlations of CEEC-3 financial markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 915-922, September.
- Rodrigo César de Castro Miranda & Benjamin Miranda Tabak & Mauricio Medeiros Junior, 2012. "Contagion in CDS, Banking and Equity Markets," Working Papers Series 293, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Balázs Égert & Evžen Kocenda, 2007. "Time-Varying Comovements in Developed and Emerging European Stock Markets: Evidence from Intraday Data," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp861, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Balázs Égert & Evžen Kočenda, 2011. "Time-varying synchronization of European stock markets," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 393-407, April.
- Richard C. K. Burdekin & Pierre L. Siklos, 2011.
"Enter the Dragon: Interactions between Chinese, US and Asia-Pacific Equity Markets, 1995-2010,"
CAMA Working Papers
2011-35, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Burdekin, Richard C.K. & Siklos, Pierre L., 2012. "Enter the dragon: Interactions between Chinese, US and Asia-Pacific equity markets, 1995–2010," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 521-541.
- Richard C. K. Burdekin & Pierre L. Siklos, 2011. "Enter the Dragon: Interactions between Chinese, US and Asia-Pacific Equity Markets, 1995-2010," Working Papers 232011, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Dorota Witkowska & Krzysztof Kompa & Aleksandra Matuszewska-Janica, 2012. "Analysis of Linkages between Central and Eastern European Capital Markets," Dynamic Econometric Models, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 12, pages 19-34.
- Silvo Dajcman, 2012. "The Dynamics of Return Comovement and Spillovers Between the Czech and European Stock Markets in the Period 1997–2010," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 62(4), pages 368-390, August.
- Beirne, John & Gieck, Jana, 2012. "Interdependence and contagion in global asset markets," Working Paper Series 1480, European Central Bank.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Nicola Spagnolo, 2010. "Stock Market Integration between three CEECs, Russia and the UK," CESifo Working Paper Series 2978, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dajcman, Silvio & Festic, Mejra, 2012. "The Interdependence of the Stock Markets of Slovenia, The Czech Republic and Hungary with Some Developed European Stock Markets – The Effects of Joining the European Union and the Global Financial C," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 163-180, December.
- Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda & Ali M. Kutan, 2008.
"The Reaction of Asset Prices to Macroeconomic Announcements in New EU Markets: Evidence from Intraday Data,"
CERGE-EI Working Papers
wp349, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Hanousek, Jan & Kocenda, Evzen & Kutan, Ali M., 2009. "The reaction of asset prices to macroeconomic announcements in new EU markets: Evidence from intraday data," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 199-219, June.
- Egert, Balazs & Kocenda, Evzen, 2007. "Interdependence between Eastern and Western European stock markets: Evidence from intraday data," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 184-203, June.
- Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda, 2009. "Intraday Price Discovery in Emerging European Stock Markets," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp382, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Jan Hanousek & Evžen Kočenda, 2010. "Effect of Intraday Information Flow on the Emerging European Stock Markets," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(4), pages 435-457.
- Renée Fry & Cody Yu-Ling Hsiao & Chrismin Tang, 2011. "Actually This Time Is Different," CAMA Working Papers 2011-12, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Numan Ülkü, 2011. "Modeling Comovement among Emerging Stock Markets: The Case of Budapest and Istanbul," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 61(3), pages 277-304, July.
- Andres KUUSK & Tiiu Paas & Andres KUUSK, 2011. "Financial contagion of the 2008 crisis: is there any evidence of financial contagion from the US to the Baltic states," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 2, pages 61-76, December.
- Dibeh, Ghassan, 2007. "Contagion effects in a chartist–fundamentalist model with time delays," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 382(1), pages 52-57.
- Andres Kuusk & Tiiu Paas, 2010. "Contagion Of Financial Crises With Special Emphasis On Cee Economies: A Metaanalysis," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 66, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.