The resurrection of the Italian wage curve
AbstractWe show that the Italian wage curve, inexistent in the eighties and early nineties, has reemerged after the 1993 Income Policy Agreement, owing to the greater role granted to flexible and locally bargained top-up wage components.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 98 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Other versions of this item:
- Devicenti francesco & Maida Agata & Pacelli Lia, 2005. "The Resurrection of the Italian Wage Curve," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200502, University of Turin.
- Francesco Devicienti & Agata Maida & Lia Pacelli, 2006. "The Resurrection of the Italian Wage Curve," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 52, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Card, 1995.
"The Wage Curve: A Review,"
722, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- repec:fth:prinin:343 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blanchflower, D. & Oswald, A., 1989.
"The Wage Curve,"
340, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- repec:pri:indrel:722 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bell, Brian & Nickell, Stephen & Quintini, Glenda, 2002.
"Wage equations, wage curves and all that,"
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 341-360, July.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Blien, Uwe, 1998. "The German wage curve: evidence from the IAB employment sample," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 135-142, November.
- repec:rie:review:v:4:y:1999:i:1:n:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lucifora Claudio & Origo Federica, 1999. "Alla ricerca della flessibilità: un'analisi della curva dei salari in Italia," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 3-36.
- repec:rie:review:y:1999:v:1:i:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Víctor Montuenga & Inmaculada García & Melchor Fernández, 2006. "Regional Wage Flexibility: the Wage Curve in Five EU Countries," AIEL Series in Labour Economics, in: Floro Ernesto Caroleo & Sergio Destefanis (ed.), The European Labour Market. Regional Dimensions, edition 1, chapter 12, pages 245-265 AIEL - Associazione Italiana Economisti del Lavoro.
- Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2005.
"The Last Word on the Wage Curve?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 421-450, 07.
- Sergio DESTEFANIS & Giuseppe MASTROMATTEO & Giovanni VERGA, 2005. "Wages and Monetary Policy in Italy Before and After the Wage Agreements," Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali, Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, vol. 113(2), pages 289-318.
- Gary Solon & Robert Barsky & Jonathan A. Parker, 1992.
"Measuring the Cyclicality of Real Wages: How Important is Composition Bias,"
NBER Working Papers
4202, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Solon, Gary & Barsky, Robert & Parker, Jonathan A, 1994. "Measuring the Cyclicality of Real Wages: How Important Is Composition Bias?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna & Turunen, Jarkko, 2006. "The euro area wage curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 93-98, July.
- Pietro Garibaldi & Lia Pacelli, 2007.
"Do Larger Severance Payments Increase Individual Job Duration?,"
Carlo Alberto Notebooks
39, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Garibaldi, Pietro & Pacelli, Lia, 2008. "Do larger severance payments increase individual job duration?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 215-245, April.
- Pietro Garibaldi, 2004. "Do Larger Severance Payments Increase Individual Job Duration?," 2004 Meeting Papers 445b, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Garibaldi, Pietro & Pacelli, Lia, 2004. "Do Larger Severance Payments Increase Individual Job Duration?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4607, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sergio Destefanis & Giovanni Pica, 2010.
"It’s wages, it’s hours, it’s the Italian wage curve,"
CSEF Working Papers
247, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Lecca, Patrizio & McGregor, Peter G. & Swales, J. Kim, 2013.
"Forward-looking and myopic regional Computable General Equilibrium models: How significant is the distinction?,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 160-176.
- Patrizio Lecca & Peter McGregor & Kim Swales, 2011. "Forward Looking and Myopic Regional Computable General Equilibrium Models. How Significant is the Distinction?," Working Papers 1133, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Ambra Poggi, 2007. "Do Satisfactory Working Conditions Contribute to Explaining Earning Differentials in Italy? A Panel Data Approach," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 21(4-5), pages 713-733, December.
- Ammermüller, Andreas & Lucifora, Claudio & Origo, Federica & Zwick, Thomas, 2007.
"Still searching for the wage curve: evidence from Germany and Italy,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
07-008, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Ammermueller, Andreas & Lucifora, Claudio & Origo, Federica & Zwick, Thomas, 2007. "Still Searching for the Wage Curve: Evidence from Germany and Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 2674, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francesco Pastore, 2010.
"Assessing the impact of incomes policy: the Italian experience,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(7), pages 793-817, November.
- Pastore, Francesco, 2010. "Assessing the Impact of Incomes Policy: The Italian Experience," IZA Discussion Papers 5082, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ilkkaracan, Ipek & Levent, Haluk & Polat, Sezgin, 2012.
"Exploring different measures of wage flexibility in a developing economy context: The case for Turkey,"
GIAM Working Papers
12-2, Galatasaray University Economic Research Center.
- Ipek Ilkkaracan & Haluk Levent & Sezgin Polat, 2013. "Exploring different measures of wage flexibility in a developing economy context: the case for Turkey," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 297-315, May.
- Bruno Chiarini & Paolo Piselli, 2012. "Equilibrium earning premium and pension schemes: The long-run macroeconomic effects of the union," Discussion Papers 2_2012, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- G. Garau & P. Lecca & L. Schirru, 2009. "Does deflation method matter for productivity measures?," Working Paper CRENoS 200901, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Elena Giarda, 2008.
"The worsening of wage expectations in Italy: a study based on administrative data,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 64-87, May.
- Elena Giarda, 2007. "The Worsening of Wage Expectations in Italy: a Study Based on Administrative data," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 57, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Faini, Riccardo & Strom, Steinar & Venturini, Alessandra & Villosio, Claudia, 2009.
"Are Foreign Migrants More Assimilated Than Native Ones?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4639, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Riccardo Faini & Steiner Strom & Alessandra Venturini & Claudia Villosio, 2009. "Are Foreign Migrants more Assimilated than Native Ones?," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 96, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Saltari, Enrico & Wymer, Clifford R. & Federici, Daniela, 2013. "The impact of ICT and business services on the Italian economy," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 110-118.
- Steinar Strøm & Alessandra Venturini & Claudia Villosio, 2013. "Wage assimilation: migrants versus natives and foreign migrants versus internal migrants," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/30, European University Institute.
- Isabella David, 2009. "Composition Bias and Italian Wage Rigidities over the Business Cycle," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 92, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.