On the order of integration of monthly US ex-ante and ex-post real interest rates: New evidence from over a century of data
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 90 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Other versions of this item:
- Menelaos Karananos & S.H Sekioua & N Zeng, 2005. "On the order of integration of monthly US ex-ante and ex-post real interest rates new evidence from over a century of data," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005 21, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Y. K. Tse, 1998. "The conditional heteroscedasticity of the yen-dollar exchange rate," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 49-55.
- Laurent, Sebastien & Peters, Jean-Philippe, 2002. " G@RCH 2.2: An Ox Package for Estimating and Forecasting Various ARCH Models," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 447-85, July.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 1997.
"Lag Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
369, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 2001. "LAG Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1519-1554, November.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Elliott, Graham & Rothenberg, Thomas J & Stock, James H, 1996.
"Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 813-36, July.
- Tom Doan, . "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, . "GLSDETREND: RATS procedure to perform local to unity GLS detrending," Statistical Software Components RTS00077, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Graham Elliott & Thomas J. Rothenberg & James H. Stock, 1992. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," NBER Technical Working Papers 0130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce E. Hansen, 1999.
"The Grid Bootstrap And The Autoregressive Model,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 594-607, November.
- Tsay, Wen-Jen, 2000. "Long memory story of the real interest rate," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 325-330, June.
- S»bastien Laurent and Jean-Philippe Peters, 2001. "G@RCH 2.0: An Ox Package for Estimating and Forecasting Various ARCH Models," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 123, Society for Computational Economics.
- David E. Rapach & Mark E. Wohar, 2004. "The persistence in international real interest rates," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 339-346.
- Lai, Kon S, 1997. "Long-Term Persistence in the Real Interest Rate: Some Evidence of a Fractional Unit Root," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(3), pages 225-35, July.
- Rapach, David E. & Weber, Christian E., 2004. "Are real interest rates really nonstationary? New evidence from tests with good size and power," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 409-430, September.
- Conrad, Christian & Karanasos, Menelaos & Zeng, Ning, 2011.
"Multivariate fractionally integrated APARCH modeling of stock market volatility: A multi-country study,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 147-159, January.
- Christian Conrad & Menelaos Karanasos & Ning Zeng, 2008. "Multivariate Fractionally Integrated APARCH Modeling of Stock Market Volatility: A multi-country study," Working Papers 0472, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2008.
- Cleomar Gomes da Silva & Flávio Vilela Vieira, 2014. "BRICS countries: real interest rates and long memory," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(1), pages 409-419.
- Karanasos, M. & Kartsaklas, A., 2009. "Dual long-memory, structural breaks and the link between turnover and the range-based volatility," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 838-851, December.
- Nannette Lindenberg & Frank Westermann, 2009.
"Common Trends and Common Cycles among Interest Rates of the G7-Countries,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2532, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lindenberg, Nannette & Westermann, Frank, 2012. "Common trends and common cycles among interest rates of the G7-countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1125-1140.
- Nannette Lindenberg & Frank Westermann, 2009. "Common Trends and Common Cycles among Interest Rates of the G7-Countries," Working Papers 77, Institute of Empirical Economic Research.
- Nesmith Travis D & Jones Barry E, 2008.
"Linear Cointegration of Nonlinear Time Series with an Application to Interest Rate Dynamics,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Barry E. Jones & Travis D. Nesmith, 2006. "Linear cointegration of nonlinear time series with an application to interest rate dynamics," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-03, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alfred A. Haug, 2014.
"On real interest rate persistence: the role of breaks,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(10), pages 1058-1066, April.
- Alfred A. Haug, 2013. "On Real Interest Rate Persistence: The Role of Breaks," Working Papers 1303, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2013.
- Alfred Haug, 2012. "On real interest rate persistence: the role of breaks," Working Papers 65, Department of Applied Econometrics, Warsaw School of Economics.
- Kim, Hyeongwoo & Durmaz, Nazif, 2012.
"Bias correction and out-of-sample forecast accuracy,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 575-586.
- Hyeongwoo Kim & Nazif Durmaz, 2010. "Bias Correction and Out-of-Sample Forecast Accuracy," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2010-02, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Kim, Hyeongwoo & Durmaz, Nazif, 2009. "Bias Correction and Out-of-Sample Forecast Accuracy," MPRA Paper 16780, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Riccardo LUCCHETTI & Giulio PALOMBA, 2006. "Forecasting US bond yields at weekly frequency," Working Papers 261, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Simeon Coleman & Kavita Sirichand, 2011.
"Fractional integration and the volatility of UK interest rates,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
11/29, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised May 2011.
- Coleman, Simeon & Sirichand, Kavita, 2012. "Fractional integration and the volatility of UK interest rates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 381-384.
- Simeon Coleman and Kavita Sirichand, 2011. "Fractional integration and the volatility of UK interest rates," Working Papers 2011/02, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham Business School, Economics Division.
- Christopher J. Neely & David E. Rapach, 2008.
"Real interest rate persistence: evidence and implications,"
2008-018, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Christopher J. Neely & David E. Rapach, 2008. "Real interest rate persistence: evidence and implications," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 609-642.
- Heni BOUBAKER & Nadia SGHAIER, 2014. "Modelling Return and Volatility of Oil Price using Dual Long Memory Models," Working Papers 2014-283, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.