Fractional integration and the augmented Dickey-Fuller Test
AbstractThis note shows that the Augmented Dickey-Fuller test is consistent against fractional alternatives if the order of the autoregression does not tend to infinity too fast. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 61 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Other versions of this item:
- Krämer, Walter, 1997. "Fractional integration and the augmented dickey-fuller test," Technical Reports 1997,06, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hassler, Uwe & Wolters, Jurgen, 1994. "On the power of unit root tests against fractional alternatives," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1-5, May.
- Sowell, Fallaw, 1990. "The Fractional Unit Root Distribution," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(2), pages 495-505, March.
- Schwert, G William, 1989.
"Tests for Unit Roots: A Monte Carlo Investigation,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 7(2), pages 147-59, April.
- Diebold, Francis X. & Rudebusch, Glenn D., 1991.
"On the power of Dickey-Fuller tests against fractional alternatives,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 155-160, February.
- Francis X. Diebold & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 1990. "On the power of Dickey-Fuller tests against fractional alternatives," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 119, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera & Alessandro Lanza, 2006.
"On the Robustness of Robustness Checks of the Environmental Kuznets Curve,"
20060501, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Statistica, revised May 2006.
- Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera & Alessandro Lanza, 2006. "On the Robustness of Robustness Checks of the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Working Papers 2006.22, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera & Alessandro Lanza, 2006. "On the Robustness of Robustness Checks of the Environmental Kuznets Curve," UNIMI - Research Papers in Economics, Business, and Statistics unimi-1027, Universitá degli Studi di Milano.
- Krämer, Walter & Marmol, Francesc, 1998.
"The power of residual-based tests for cointegration when residuals are fractionally integrated,"
1998,42, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Kramer, Walter & Marmol, Francesc, 2004. "The power of residual-based tests for cointegration when residuals are fractionally integrated," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 63-69, January.
- Matei Demetrescu, 2009. "Panel unit root testing and the martingale difference hypothesis for German stocks," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 1749-1759.
- Juan J. Dolado & Jesús Gonzalo & Laura Mayoral, 2005.
"What is what?: A simple time-domain test of long-memory vs. structural breaks,"
Economics Working Papers
954, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Juan J. Dolado & Jesus Gonzalo & Laura Mayoral, 2005. "What is What? A Simple Time-Domain Test of Long-memory vs. Structural Breaks," Working Papers 258, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Franco, G.C. & Reisen, V.A. & Alves, F.A., 2013. "Bootstrap tests for fractional integration and cointegration: A comparison study," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 19-29.
- Bisaglia, Luisa & Procidano, Isabella, 2002. "On the power of the Augmented Dickey-Fuller test against fractional alternatives using bootstrap," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 343-347, November.
- Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera & Alessandro Lanza, 2009. "On the Robustness of Robustness Checks of the Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 42(4), pages 551-574, April.
- Hassler, Uwe & Breitung, Jörg, 2002. "A Residual-Based LM Test for Fractional Cointegration," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 37318, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- George, Halkos & Ilias, Kevork, 2005.
"Το Υπόδειγμα Τυχαίου Περιπάτου Με Αυτοπαλίνδρομα Σφάλματα
[The random walk model with autoregressive errors]," MPRA Paper 33312, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Krämer, Walter, 1997. "Kointegration von Aktienkursen," Technical Reports 1997,11, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.