Managing exotic pests under uncertainty: optimal control actions and bioeconomic investigations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 52 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bar-Ilan, Avner & Strange, William C, 1996. "Investment Lags," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 610-22, June.
- David Sunding & Joshua Zivin, 2000. "Insect Population Dynamics, Pesticide Use, and Farmworker Health," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(3), pages 527-540.
- Dixit, Avinash & Pindyck, Robert S & Sodal, Sigbjorn, 1999. "A Markup Interpretation of Optimal Investment Rules," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(455), pages 179-89, April.
- Saphores, Jean-Daniel, 2003. "Harvesting a renewable resource under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 509-529, December.
- Conrad, Jon M., 2000. "Wilderness: options to preserve, extract, or develop," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 205-219, July.
- Jean-Daniel M. Saphores, 2000. "The Economic Threshold with a Stochastic Pest Population: A Real Options Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(3), pages 541-555.
- Alex L. Marten & Christopher C. Moore, 2010.
"An Options Based Bioeconomic Model for Biological and Chemical Control of Invasive Species,"
NCEE Working Paper Series
201006, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised May 2010.
- Marten, Alex L. & Moore, Christopher C., 2011. "An options based bioeconomic model for biological and chemical control of invasive species," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2050-2061, September.
- Sinden, John Alfred & Griffith, Garry, 2007. "Combining economic and ecological arguments to value the environmental gains from control of 35 weeds in Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 396-408, March.
- Tom Kompas & Tuong Nhu Che & Pham Van Ha, 2006.
"An Optimal Surveillance Measure Against Foot-and-Mouth Disease in the United States,"
International and Development Economics Working Papers
idec06-11, International and Development Economics.
- van Ha, Pham & Che, Tuong Nhu & Kompas, Tom, 2007. "An Optimal Surveillance Measure Against Foot-and-Mouth Disease in the United States," 2007 Conference (51st), February 13-16, 2007, Queenstown, New Zealand 10354, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Tom Kompas & Tuong Nhu Che & Pham Van Ha, 2006. "An Optimal Surveillance Measure Against Foot and Mouth Disease in the United States," Development Economics Working Papers 21813, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Sims, Charles & Finnoff, David, 2012. "The role of spatial scale in the timing of uncertain environmental policy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 369-382.
- arnaud dragicevic, 2012. "Bayesian Population Dynamics of Spreading Species," THEMA Working Papers 2012-30, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Lu, Liang & Elbakidze, Levan, 2012. "Application of Comparative Dynamics in Stochastic Invasive Species Management in Agricultural Production," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 125226, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Elofsson, Katarina & Bengtsson, Goran & Gren, Ing-Marie, 2011. "Optimal Management of Invasive Species with Different Reproduction and Survival Strategies," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114343, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sims, Charles & Finnoff, David, 2013. "When is a “wait and see” approach to invasive species justified?," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 235-255.
- Lu, Liang & Elbakidze, Levan, 2012. "Application of Comparative Dynamics in Stochastic Invasive Species Management in Agricultural Production," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124971, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.