Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society
2007 Conference (51st), February 13-16, 2007, Queenstown, New Zealand
Contact information of Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society:
Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (AgEcon Search)
Series handle: repec:ags:aare07
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
- 9467 Agricultural Trade Reform Under the Doha Agenda: Ready for Takeoff?
by Martin, William J. & Anderson, Kym
- 9466 Globalization, Trade and the Changing Geography of New Zealand: Urban versus Rural or Centre versus Periphery? (PowerPoint Presentation)
by McCann, Philip
- 9465 The limitations of market driven sustainability: The case of environmental management systems for food production in Australia
by Cary, John W. & Bhaskaran, Suku & Polonsky, Michael
- 9464 The Long and Winding Road: Norway's Approach to ITQs
by Hannesson, Rognvaldur
- 9463 Multilateral Negotiations, Regional Integration Processes And The Cap. What'S Ahead?
by Anania, Giovanni
- 9462 Towards Design For a Nutrient Trading Programme to Improve Water Quality in Lake Rotorua
by Kerr, Suzi & Lauder, Glen & Fairman, David
- 9461 Economics of Wastewater Treatment and Recycling: An Investigation of Conceptual Issues
by Devi, Mekala Gayathri & Davidson, Brian & Boland, Anne-Maree
- 9460 Energy and Agriculture in Australia and New Zealand: Politics, Prices and Economic Outcomes
by Scrimgeour, Frank G.
- 9458 Rent-Maximization versus Competition in the Western and Central Pacific Tuna Fishery
by Hannesson, Rognvaldur & Kennedy, John O.S.
- 9457 A Bioeconomic Analysis of the Duration of Conservation Contracts
by Crowe, Bronwyn & White, Benedict
- 9454 The responsiveness of Australian farm performance to changes in irrigation water use and trade
by Bell, Rosalyn & Gali, Jyothi & Gretton, Paul & Redmond, Ineke
- 9451 Productivity Growth and the Returns from Public Investment in R&D in Australian Broadacre Agriculture
by Mullen, John D.
- 9450 Measuring the Economic Performance of Australian Fisheries Management
by Rayns, Nick & Read, Kathryn
- 10442 Improved Program Planning Approaches Generates Large Benefits in High Risk Crop Farming
by Musshoff, Oliver & Hirschauer, Norbert
- 10441 Putting theory into practice: market failure and market based instrument design
by Whitten, Stuart M. & Coggan, Anthea & Reeson, Andrew & Gorddard, Russell J.
- 10440 Adaptive Governance: An Introduction and Implications for Public Policy
by Hatfield-Dodds, Steve & Nelson, Rohan & Cook, David C.
- 10439 Monitoring regional economies in Australia: why and how
by Chapman, Paul & Coelho, Bruno
- 10438 Combinatorial optimisation of a large, constrained simulation model: an application of compressed annealing
by Doole, Graeme J. & Pannell, David J.
- 10437 The welfare effects of microfinance in Vietnam: empirical results from a quasi-experiment survey
by Nghiem, Hong Son & Coelli, Tim J. & Rao, Prasada
- 10436 Assessing the performance of conservation auctions: an experimental study
by Schilizzi, Steven & Latacz-Lohmann, Uwe
- 10435 Estimating complex production functions: the importance of starting values
by Neal, Mark
- 10434 Foundations of Australian Agricultural Economics
by Myers, Laurel
- 10433 CGE modelling of the resources boom in Indonesia and Australia using TERM
by Wittwer, Glyn & Horridge, Mark
- 10432 Identifying Processors' Procurement Preferences: Implications for Developing a Forward Contracting Scheme in China's Beef Industry
by Gong, Wen & Parton, Kevin A. & Zhou, Zhang-Yue & Cox, Rodney J.
- 10431 Willingness to pay for wetland improvement in Vietnam's Mekong River Delta
by Do, Thang Nam & Bennett, Jeffrey W.
- 10430 The Sustainable Beef Profit Partnership Approach to the Adoption of New Beef Industry Technologies
by Griffith, Garry R. & Clark, R.E. & Parnell, Peter F. & Timms, Janice
- 10429 Economic Impacts of the Adoption of Conservation Farming in the Central Philippines: A Preliminary Report
by Newby, Jonathan C. & Cramb, Rob A.
- 10428 The Value of Backyard Biodiversity in New Zealand
by Parminter, Terry G. & Kaval, Pamela & Yao, Richard T. & Scrimgeour, Frank G.
- 10427 Issues of scale and scope in bio-physical modelling for natural resource management decision making in New South Wales
by Hill, Christine M. & Farquharson, Robert J. & Ferrier, Simon & Grieve, Alastair
- 10426 Resource-based industries and development of the AANZFTA
by Trewin, Ray
- 10425 Analysis of Technical Efficiency and Varietal Differences in Pistachio Production in Iran Using a Meta-Frontier Analysis
by Boshrabadi, Hossain Mehrabi & Villano, Renato A. & Fleming, Euan M.
- 10424 Choice modelling and laboratory experiments for non-market valuation: a framework
by Concu, Giovanni B.
- 10423 Market Differentials for Meat Quality Improvement: Meat Standards Australia
by Rodgers, Heidi & Griffith, Garry R. & Fleming, Euan M. & Villano, Renato A.
- 10422 The impact of price and yield risk on the bioeconomics of reservoir aquaculture in north Vietnam
by Petersen, Elizabeth H. & Hertzler, Greg & Schilizzi, Steven
- 10421 Influences on bid prices in the Vegetation Incentives Program
by Comerford, Emma
- 10420 Community values for historic heritage preservation in Australia - A choice modeling application (PowerPoint Presentation)
by van Bueren, Martin
- 10419 Fiji's Sugar Woes: The Challenge of the Land Tenure System, Ethnicity and the Erosion of EU Sugar Preferences
by Mahadevan, Renuka
- 10418 Valuing Urban Wetlands of the Gnangara Mound: A Hedonic Property Price Approach in Western Australia
by Tapsuwan, Sorada & Ingram, Gordon & Brennan, Donna C.
- 10417 Unravelling the economic and environmental tradeoffs of reducing sediment movement from grazed pastures
by Donaghy, Peter & Rolfe, John & Gaffney, James
- 10416 Road Improvement and Poverty Reduction in Laos
by Warr, Peter G.
- 10415 Economic Evaluation of New Technologies and Promotions in the Australian Sheep and Wool Industries
by Mounter, Stuart W. & Griffith, Garry R. & Piggott, Roley R. & Fleming, Euan M. & Zhao, Xueyan
- 10414 Assessing the use of Geographical Indications for the New England wine region in NSW
by Chang, Hui-Shung (Christie) & Campbell, Gene & Sniekers, Peter
- 10413 Estimating the Characteristics of Polluting Technologies
by O'Donnell, Christopher J.
- 10412 The Future Role of Biofuels in the Asia-Pacific Region
by Coyle, William T. & Armbruster, Walter J.
- 10411 Values of Ecosystem Services Associated with Intense Dairy Farming in New Zealand
by Takatsuka, Yuki & Cullen, Ross & Wilson, Matthew & Wratten, Steve D.
- 10410 The Abatement Cost Function for Motor Vehicle Pollution Emissions: Evidence from Canada
by Livernois, John & Moghadam, Arian
- 10409 Farm and catchment scale effects of managing dry-land salinity with pastoral and woody perennials
by Finlayson, John D. & Bathgate, Andrew D. & Hoque, Ziaul & Nordblom, Thomas L. & Theiveyanathan, Tivi & Crosbie, Russell & Mitchell, David
- 10408 Institutional analysis for nitrogen pollution abatement in a Waikato river sub-catchment in New Zealand
by Ramilan, Thiagarajah & Scrimgeour, Frank G. & Marsh, Dan
- 10407 Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Australia and New Zealand
by Anderson, Kym & Lattimore, Ralph G. & Lloyd, Peter J. & MacLaren, Donald
- 10406 A Whole- Farm Investment Analysis of Some Precision Agriculture Technologies
by Knight, Brad & Malcolm, Bill
- 10405 Estimating Demand Elasticities for a Small Island Economy: Fiji
by Hone, Phillip & Haszler, Henry & Tubuna, Sakiusa & Waqavonovono, Epeli
- 10404 Environmental economics and valuation: towards a practical investment framework for Catchment Management Authorities in New South Wales
by Farquharson, Robert J. & Hill, Christine M. & Bennett, Jeffrey W. & Tracey, Jacqueline
- 10403 Out of the pot and into the money: Managing the Western Rock Lobster Fishery by ITE's or ITQ's?
by McLeod, Paul & Lindner, Robert K. & Nicholls, John
- 10402 An Economic Comparison of Sheep Grazing Systems on the Northern Tablelands of NSW
by Scott, J. Fiona
- 10401 New Zealand's land based sectors' relative export performance 1990 to 2004
by Austin, Darran & Gardiner, Peter
- 10400 Modelling Corruption in a Cobb-Douglas Production Function Framework
by Farida, Moe & Ahmadi-Esfahani, Fredoun Z.
- 10399 The Doha Agricultural Market Access Negotiations: Remaining Conceptual, Practical, and Technical Issues
by Wainio, John & Podbury, Troy
- 10398 Urban Water Options Contracts - Rural to Urban Water Trade
by Page, Sharon & Hafi, Ahmed & Beare, Stephen
- 10397 Where the rubber hits the road: Biodiversity conservation incentives in theory and practice
by Coggan, Anthea & Whitten, Stuart M. & Bennett, Jeffrey W.
- 10396 Resource Rent Mechanisms in Australian Primary Industries: Some Observations and Issues
by Rodgers, Trudi & Webster, Stewart
- 10395 Fiddling while carbon burns: why climate policy needs emission pervasive pricing as well as technology promotion
by Pezzey, John C.V. & Jotzo, Frank & Quiggin, John C.
- 10393 The measurement of farm size and the meaning of part-time farming: the AARES countries
by Lund, Philip J. & Price, Roger
- 10392 Efficiency and technical change in the Western Australian wheatbelt
by Cattle, Nathan & White, Benedict
- 10391 Environmental lobbying with imperfect public monitoring of environmental quality
by Beard, Rodney & Mallawaarachchi, Thilak & Salerno, Gillian
- 10390 Demand Under Product Differentiation: An Empirical Analysis of the US Wine Market
by Davis, Tim & Ahmadi-Esfahani, Fredoun Z. & Iranzo, Susana
- 10389 A hedonic model of lamb carcass attributes
by Farrell, Terence C. & Hopkins, David L.
- 10387 Spatial autocorrelation and non-farm rural enterprises in Indonesia
by Gibson, John & Olivia, Susan
- 10386 Measuring Social Welfare: A Dog's Hind Leg Possibility Postulate
by Hertzler, Greg
- 10385 The political economy of shallow lakes
by Salerno, Gillian & McDonald, Stuart & Beard, Rodney
- 10384 Chicken Supreme: How the Indonesian Poultry Sector Can Survive Avian Influenza
by Vanzetti, David
- 10383 Can subsidizing alternative energy technology development lead to faster global warming?
by Duncan, Roderick
- 10382 The recreational value of Lake McKenzie: An application of the travel cost method
by Fleming, Christopher M. & Cook, Averil
- 10381 Beyond the Double Dividend: Modelling the impacts of deep cuts in Australian greenhouse gas emissions
by Hatfield-Dodds, Steve & Adams, Philip D.
- 10380 Economics of Smallholder Rubber Production in Northern Laos
by Manivong, Vongpaphane & Cramb, Rob A.
- 10379 Understanding rural life - assessing the social dimensions when encouraging land-use changes in rural areas
by Race, Digby & Farquharson, Robert J. & Birckhead, Jim & Vernon, Don & Bathgate, Andrew D.
- 10378 Are Country of Origin and Non-GM Premiums Invariant to Experimental Auction Structure?
by Volinskiy, Dmitriy & Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Veeman, Michele M. & Srivastava, Lorie
- 10377 Modeling environmental risk and land management trade-offs in the Great Barrier Reef catchment
by Mallawaarachchi, Thilak & Mazur, Kasia & Lawson, Kenton
- 10376 Expected public and private benefits of embedding farm business performance systems in the Australian and New Zealand dairy industries
by Ronan, Glenn
- 10375 Economic Tools for Rural Health Planning
by Doeksen, Gerald A.
- 10374 Exploring natural resource management tradeoffs in an agricultural landscape - an application of the MOSAIC model
by Lawson, Kenton & Hill, Christine M. & Hodges, Andrew & Jacobs, Brent
- 10373 Policy Innovation and Institutional Capacity Building: Putting Market-Based Instruments Into Practice in South Australia
by Shi, Tian
- 10372 Determinants of Institutional Success for Water in India: Results from a Study across Three States
by Gandhi, Vasant P. & Crase, Lin & Herath, Gamini
- 10371 Household resources, household composition, and child nutritional outcomes
by Cameron, Michael P. & Lim, Steven
- 10370 When is the price right?
by Franco-Dixon, Mary Ann & Brown, Colin G. & Riethmuller, Paul C.
- 10369 Developing a benefit transfer database for environmental values in Queensland
by Windle, Jill & Rolfe, John
- 10368 Can Regional NRM arrangements reduce net transaction costs by increasing social capital?
by Yee, Shion & Rolfe, John
- 10367 Forest policy issues arising from legislation review in Western Australia
by Feldman, David & Ghose, Ananda
- 10366 Valuing the Protection of Victorian Forests: Murray River Red Gums, and East Gippsland
by Bennett, Jeffrey W. & Dumsday, Robert G.
- 10365 Re-examining the economic options for import risk assessments
by Adamson, David & Cook, David C.
- 10364 Evaluation on HYV of Pulse crops in Myanmar
by Thaung, Nyein Nyein & Choi, Kyu Seob
- 10363 Development offsets for ecosystem services in a rural residential development context: issues for the Murrindindi Shire application
by Coggan, Anthea & Whitten, Stuart M. & Collins, Drew
- 10362 Agricultural Protection in a Food Importing Country: Indonesia
by Fane, George & Warr, Peter G.
- 10361 Climate change and climate uncertainty in the Murray-Darling Basin
by Adamson, David & Mallawaarachchi, Thilak & Quiggin, John C.
- 10360 Experimental test of the effect of imposing a penalty on buyers in a specific market structure
by Ivanova, Galina
- 10359 Comparing choice models of river health improvement for the Goulburn River
by Kragt, Marit Ellen & Bennett, Jeffrey W. & Lloyd, Chris & Dumsday, Robert G.
- 10358 Web surveys, sample bias and the travel cost method
by Fleming, Christopher M. & Cook, Averil
- 10357 Minimising costs of environmental service provision: water-yield, salt-load and biodiversity targets with new tree planting in Simmons Creek Catchment, NSW, a dryland farming/grazing area
by Nordblom, Thomas L. & Hume, Iain H. & Cresswell, Hamish & Glover, Mark & Hean, Robyn L. & Finlayson, John D. & Wang, Enli
- 10356 Productivity in the New Zealand primary and downstream sectors
by Cao, Kay & Forbes, Rod & Gardiner, Peter
- 10355 Downstream benefits vs upstream costs of land use change for water-yield and salt-load targets in the Macquarie Catchment, NSW
by Nordblom, Thomas L. & Hume, Iain H. & Finlayson, John D. & Kelly, Jason A. & Welsh, Rob & Hean, Robyn L.
- 10354 An Optimal Surveillance Measure Against Foot-and-Mouth Disease in the United States
by van Ha, Pham & Che, Tuong Nhu & Kompas, Tom
- 10353 Deforestation in Indonesia: A Household Level Analysis of the Role of Forest Dependence and Poverty
by Purnamasari, Ririn S.
- 10352 The Impacts of Fees and Taxes on Choices of Development Timing and Capital Intensity
by Jou, Jyh-Bang & Lee, Tan
- 10351 Technical Efficiency of Prawn Farms in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam
by Den, Do Thi & Ancev, Tihomir & Harris, Michael
- 10350 Agency Theory and Wheat Marketing in Australia
by Bushell, James & MacAulay, T. Gordon
- 10349 Economics of grain accumulation for ethanol production: a regional case study
by Anderton, N. & Kingwell, Ross S.
- 10348 Consumer preferences for water billing structures: A choice modelling approach
by Crase, Lin & O'Keefe, Sue
- 10117 Objectives-Based Fisheries Management; Building on 20-years Experience with Individual Transferable Quotas
by Peacey, Jonathan & Connor, Robin
- 10116 Supply Chain Practice, Supply Chain Performance Indicators and Competitive Advantage of Australian Beef Enterprises: A Conceptual Framework
by Jie, Ferry & Parton, Kevin A. & Cox, Rodney J.
- 10115 Forecasting dairy herd development in China
by Wang, Dong & Parton, Kevin A.