Should tariff-rate quotas mimic quotas?: Implications for trade liberalization under a supply management policy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The North American Journal of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 18 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620163
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cunha, Luis Campos e & Santos, Vasco, 1996. "Sleeping quotas, pre-emptive quota bidding and monopoly power," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 127-148, February.
- Cassing, James H. & Hillman, Arye L., 1985. "Political influence motives and the choice between tariffs and quotas," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 279-290, November.
- James Vercammen & Andrew Schmitz, 1992. "Supply Management and Import Concessions," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(4), pages 957-71, November.
- Geoff Edwards, 2003. "The story of deregulation in the dairy industry," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(1), pages 75-98, 03.
- Robert F. Romain & Daniel A. Sumner, 2001. "Dairy Economic and Policy Issues between Canada and the United States," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 49(4), pages 479-492, December.
- Feldman, David H., 1993. "The choice between tariffs and quotas as instruments of protection under autocracy," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 165-177.
- Barichello, Richard R. & Romain, Robert F.J., 1996. "Prospects For The Canadian Dairy Sector Following The Upcoming Nafta Panel Ruling," Understanding Canada\United States Dairy Disputes; Proceedings of the 2nd Canada\U.S. Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshop-1996 16953, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- Sweeney, Richard J. & Tower, Edward & Willett, Thomas D., 1977. "The ranking of alternative tariff and quota policies in the presence of domestic monopoly," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 349-362, November.
- Young, Leslie & Anderson, James E, 1982. "Risk Aversion and Optimal Trade Restrictions," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 291-305, April.
- Edwards, Geoff W., 2003. "The story of deregulation in the dairy industry," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(1), March.
- Julian M. Alston & John Spriggs, 1998. "Endogenous Policy and Supply Management in a Post-GATT World," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(1), pages 220-239, February.
- Bruno Larue & Jean-Philippe Gervais, 2002. "Welfare-maximizing and revenue-maximizing tariffs with a few domestic firms," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(4), pages 786-804, November.
- Larue, Bruno & Lapan, Harvey E, 2002.
"Smuggling and Bhagwati's Nonequivalence between Tariffs and Quotas,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 729-48, November.
- Larue, Bruno & Lapan, Harvey E., 2002. "Smuggling and Bhagwati's Non-Equivalence Between Tariffs and Quotas," Staff General Research Papers 5253, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Janow, Merit E. & Staiger, Robert W., 2004. "Canada Measures Affecting the Importation of Dairy Products and the Exportation of Milk," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 277-315, July.
- Constantinos Syropoulos, 1994. "Endogenous Timing in Games of Commercial Policy," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 27(4), pages 847-64, November.
- Kala Krishna, 1990.
"Auctions with Endogenous Valuations, The Snowball Effect Revisited,"
NBER Working Papers
3483, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kala Krishna, 1999. "Auctions with endogenous valuations: the snowball effect revisited," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 377-391.
- William H. Kaempfer & J. Harold, Jr McClure & Thomas D. Willett, 1989. "Incremental Protection and Efficient Political Choice between Tariffs and Quotas," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 22(2), pages 228-36, May.
- Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1974. "The non-equivalence of tariffs and quotas under retaliation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 295-298, August.
- Abbassi, Abdessalem & Larue, Bruno, 2011. "Trade liberalization and inter-provincial dumping in a spatial equilibrium model: the case of the Canadian dairy industry," MPRA Paper 30363, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yélou, Clément & Larue, Bruno & Tran, Kien C., 2010. "Threshold effects in panel data stochastic frontier models of dairy production in Canada," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 641-647, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.