School district size and student performance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 22 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William A. Testa & Surya Sen, 1999. "School choice and competition," Chicago Fed Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jul.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2000.
"Does Competition among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1209-1238, December.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994. "Does Competition Among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?," NBER Working Papers 4979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan B. Krueger, 1999.
"Experimental Estimates Of Education Production Functions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press,
MIT Press, vol. 114(2), pages 497-532, May.
- Alan Krueger, 1997. "Experimental Estimates of Education Production Functions," Working Papers 758, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Alan B. Krueger, 1997. "Experimental Estimates of Education Production Functions," NBER Working Papers 6051, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- K. Chakraborty & B. Biswas & WC. Lewis, 2000. "Economies of scale in public education: an econometric analysis," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 238-247, 04.
- Stephen J. Trejo, 1991. "Public sector unions and municipal employment," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 45(1), pages 166-180, October.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Duncombe, William & Yinger, John, 1993. "An analysis of returns to scale in public production, with an application to fire protection," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 49-72, August.
- Driscoll, Donna & Halcoussis, Dennis & Svorny, Shirley, 2008. "Gains in standardized test scores: Evidence of diminishing returns to achievement," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 211-220, April.
- Kristen Capogrossi & Wen You, 2013. "Academic Performance and Childhood Misnourishment: A Quantile Approach," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 141-156, June.
- Marchionni, Mariana & Pinto, Florencia & Vazquez, Emmanuel, 2013.
"Determinantes de la desigualdad en el desempeño educativo en la Argentina
[Determinants of the inequality in PISA test scores in Argentina]," MPRA Paper 56421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Collier, Trevor, 2008. "Efficiency in public schools: Does competition matter?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 145(1-2), pages 134-157, July.
- Marchionni, Mariana & Vazquez, Emmanuel & Pinto, Florencia, 2012.
"Desigualdad educativa en la Argentina. Análisis en base a los datos PISA 2009
[Education Inequality in Argentina. An analysis based on PISA 2009 data]," MPRA Paper 56420, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anne Aidla & Maaja Vadi, 2007.
"Relationships between Organizational Culture and Performance in Estonian Schools with Regard to Their Size and Location,"
Baltic Journal of Economics,
Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 3-17, July.
- Anne Aidla & Maaja Vadi, 2006. "Relationships between organizational culture and performance in Estonian schools with regard to their size and location," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia), in: National and international aspects of organizational culture, volume 24, chapter 6, pages 147-171 Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Melvin Borland & Roy Howsen & Michelle Trawick, 2005. "An investigation of the effect of class size on student academic achievement," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 73-83.
- Jones, John T. & Toma, Eugenia F. & Zimmer, Ron W., 2008. "School attendance and district and school size," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 140-148, April.
- Leach, John & Payne, A. Abigail & Chan, Steve, 2010.
"The effects of school board consolidation and financing on student performance,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1034-1046, December.
- John Leach & A. Abigail Payne & Steve Chan, 2010. "The Effects of School Board Consolidation and Financing on Student Performance," Department of Economics Working Papers 2010-02, McMaster University.
- Heinesen, Eskil, 2005. "School district size and student educational attainment: evidence from Denmark," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 677-689, December.
- Montserrat Hernández López & José Juan Cáceres Hernández, 2006. "Racionalidad en la programación de la oferta educativa pública en Tenerife," Revista de Estudios Regionales, Universidades Públicas de Andalucía, vol. 3, pages 125-151.
- Rose, Heather & Sonstelie, Jon, 2010. "School board politics, school district size, and the bargaining power of teachers' unions," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 438-450, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.