A multivariate GARCH model of risk premia in foreign exchange markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economic Modelling.
Volume (Year): 14 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee, Tom K., 1988. "Does conditional covariance or conditional variance explain time varying risk premia in foreign exchange returns?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 371-373.
- E.K. Berndt & B.H. Hall & R.E. Hall, 1974. "Estimation and Inference in Nonlinear Structural Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 4, pages 103-116 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark, Nelson C., 1988. "Time-varying betas and risk premia in the pricing of forward foreign exchange contracts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 335-354, December.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Sanjay Srivastava, 1983.
"An Investigation of Risk and Return in Forward Foreign Exchange,"
NBER Working Papers
1180, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hodrick, Robert J. & Srivastava, Sanjay, 1984. "An investigation of risk and return in forward foreign exchange," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 5-29, April.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F, 1993. "Common Persistence in Conditional Variances," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 167-86, January.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Robert J. Hodrick, 1983. "Risk Averse Speculation in the Forward Foreign Exchange Market: An Econometric Analysis of Linear Models," NBER Chapters, in: Exchange Rates and International Macroeconomics, pages 113-152 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1988. "A Capital Asset Pricing Model with Time-Varying Covariances," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 116-31, February.
- Smith, Peter N., 1993.
"Modelling risk premia in international asset markets,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 159-176, January.
- Smith, P.N., 1991. "Modelling Rsik Premia in International Asset Markets," Papers 221, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991.
"Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
NBER Working Papers
3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993. " Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-78, December.
- Kaminsky, Graciela & Peruga, Rodrigo, 1990. "Can a time-varying risk premium explain excess returns in the forward market for foreign exchange?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 47-70, February.
- Diebold, Francis X. & Pauly, Peter, 1988. "Endogenous risk in a portfolio-balance rational-expectations model of the Deutschemark-Dollar rate," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 27-53, January.
- Giovannini, Alberto & Jorion, Philippe, 1989.
" The Time Variation of Risk and Return in the Foreign Exchange and Stock Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 307-25, June.
- Alberto Giovannini & Philippe Jorion, 1989. "The Time-Variation of Risk and Return in the Foreign Exchange and Stock Markets," NBER Working Papers 2573, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Domowitz, Ian & Hakkio, Craig S., 1985. "Conditional variance and the risk premium in the foreign exchange market," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 47-66, August.
- McCurdy, Thomas H & Morgan, Ieuan G, 1991. "Tests for a Systematic Risk Component in Deviations from Uncovered Interest Rate Parity," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 587-602, May.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Vance L. Martin & Brenda Gonzalez-Hermosillo, & Mardi Dungey & Renee A. Fry, 2004.
"Empirical Modelling of Contagion: A Review of Methodologies,"
Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings
243, Econometric Society.
- Mardi Dungey & Renee Fry & Brenda Gonzalez-Hermosillo & Vance Martin, 2005. "Empirical modelling of contagion: a review of methodologies," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 9-24.
- Martin, V. & Dungey & M., 2004. "Empirical Modelling of Contagion: A Review of Methodologies," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 574, Econometric Society.
- Mardi Dungey & Renee Fry & Vance Martin & Brenda GonzÃ¡lez-Hermosillo, 2004. "Empirical Modeling of Contagion: A Review of Methodologies," IMF Working Papers 04/78, International Monetary Fund.
- Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Hunter, Delroy M., 2002.
"Emerging market liberalization and the impact on uncovered interest rate parity,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 931-956, November.
- Bill Francis & Iftekhar Hasan & Delroy Hunter, 2002. "Emerging market liberalization and the impact on uncovered interest rate parity," Working Paper 2002-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Vance L. Martin & Mardi Dungey, 2007. "Unravelling financial market linkages during crises," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 89-119.
- Paul D. McNelis & G.C. Lim, 1998. "Parameterizing Currency Risk in the EMS: The Irish Pound and Spanish Peseta against the German Mark," International Finance 9805001, EconWPA.
- Hong G. Min & McDonald, Judith A., 1999. "Does a thin foreign exchange market lead to destabilizing capital-market speculation in the Asian Crisis countries?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2056, The World Bank.
- Hallerbach, W.G.P.M., 2003.
"Holding Period Return-Risk Modeling: The Importance of Dividends,"
ERIM Report Series Research in Management
ERS-2003-064-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Hallerbach, Winfried G.., 2005. "Holding Period Return-Risk Modeling :The Importance of Dividends," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 23, pages 45-65, Abril.
- Gilmore, Claire G., 2001. "An examination of nonlinear dependence in exchange rates, using recent methods from chaos theory," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 139-151.
- Armando MÃ©ndez Morales & Liliana Schumacher, 2003. "Market Volatility as a Financial Soundness Indicator: An Application to Israel," IMF Working Papers 03/47, International Monetary Fund.
- Min, Hong-Ghi & McDonald, Judith A. & Choung, Jaeyong, 2003. "Dynamic capital mobility, capital-market risk, and contagion: evidence from seven Asian countries," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 161-183, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.