Explaining fashion cycles: Imitators chasing innovators in product space
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
Volume (Year): 31 (2007)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc
Other versions of this item:
- Caulkins, J.P. & Hartl, R.F. & Kort, P.M. & Feichtinger, G., 2007. "Explaining fashion cycles: Imitators chasing innovators in product space," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-194289, Tilburg University.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wagener, F.O.O., 2005.
"Structural analysis of optimal investment for firms with non-concave revenue,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 474-489, August.
- Florian Wagener, 2004. "Structural analysis of optimal investment for firms with non-concave revenues," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 187, Society for Computational Economics.
- William A. Brock & Cars H. Hommes, 1997.
"A Rational Route to Randomness,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(5), pages 1059-1096, September.
- Bianchi, Marina, 2002. "Novelty, preferences, and fashion: when goods are unsettling," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Pastine, Ivan & Pastine, Tuvana, 2001.
"Consumption Externalities, Coordination and Advertising,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2867, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ivan Pastine & Tuvana Pastine, 2002. "Comsumption Externalities, Coordination, and Advertising," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(3), pages 919-943, August.
- Ivan Pastine & Tuvana Pastine, 2000. "Consumption Externalities, Coordination and Advertising," Departmental Working Papers 0002, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Cars H. Hommes, 2005.
"Heterogeneous Agent Models in Economics and Finance,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
05-056/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Hommes, Cars H., 2006. "Heterogeneous Agent Models in Economics and Finance," Handbook of Computational Economics, in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 23, pages 1109-1186 Elsevier.
- Nikhil Jain & Anand Paul, 2001. "A Generalized Model of Operations Reversal for Fashion Goods," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(4), pages 595-600, April.
- Haunschmied, Josef L. & Kort, Peter M. & Hartl, Richard F. & Feichtinger, Gustav, 2003.
"A DNS-curve in a two-state capital accumulation model: a numerical analysis,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 701-716, February.
- Haunschmied, J.L. & Kort, P.M. & Hartl, R.F. & Feichtinger, G., 2003. "A DNS-curve in a two-state capital accumulation model: A numerical analysis," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-91680, Tilburg University.
- Pesendorfer, Wolfgang, 1995.
"Design Innovation and Fashion Cycles,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 771-92, September.
- Marshall Fisher & Kumar Rajaram & Ananth Raman, 2001. "Optimizing Inventory Replenishment of Retail Fashion Products," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 3(3), pages 230-241, November.
- G.M. Peter Swann, 2001. "special issue: The demand for distinction and the evolution of the prestige car," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 59-75.
- Conlisk, John, 1980. "Costly optimizers versus cheap imitators," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 275-293, September.
- Zeger Degraeve & Martina Vandebroek, 1998. "A Mixed Integer Programming Model for Solving a Layout Problem in the Fashion Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(3), pages 301-310, March.
- Karen L. Donohue, 2000. "Efficient Supply Contracts for Fashion Goods with Forecast Updating and Two Production Modes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(11), pages 1397-1411, November.
- Coelho, Philip R P & McClure, James E, 1993. "Toward an Economic Theory of Fashion," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(4), pages 595-608, October.
- Frijters, Paul, 1998. "A model of fashions and status," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 501-517, October.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon & Bernheim, B Douglas, 1996. "Veblen Effects in a Theory of Conspicuous Consumption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 349-73, June.
- Corneo, Giacomo & Jeanne, Olivier, 1999. "Segmented communication and fashionable behavior," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 371-385, July.
- Wagener, F.O.O., 2004. "Skiba points for small discount rates," CeNDEF Working Papers 04-09, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Marshall Fisher & Kumar Rajaram, 2000. "Accurate Retail Testing of Fashion Merchandise: Methodology and Application," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(3), pages 266-278, June.
- Kathy A. Paulson Gjerde & Susan A. Slotnick & Matthew J. Sobel, 2002. "New Product Innovation with Multiple Features and Technology Constraints," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(10), pages 1268-1284, October.
- Joseph M. Milner & Panos Kouvelis, 2002. "On the Complementary Value of Accurate Demand Information and Production and Supplier Flexibility," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 4(2), pages 99-113, December.
- Narajabad, Borghan & Watson, Randal, 2011. "The dynamics of innovation and horizontal differentiation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 825-842, June.
- Antoci, Angelo & Galeotti, Marcello & Russu, Paolo, 2011. "Poverty trap and global indeterminacy in a growth model with open-access natural resources," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 569-591, March.
- Zeiler, I. & Caulkins, J.P. & Tragler, G., 2011. "Optimal control of interacting systems with DNSS property: The case of illicit drug use," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 78(1-2), pages 60-73, April.
- Petal Jean Hackett, 2012. "Cutting too Close? Design Protection and Innovation in Fashion Goods," CESifo Working Paper Series 3716, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.