Asian regionalism and its effects on trade in the 1980s and 1990s
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Asian Economics.
Volume (Year): 14 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Garnaut, Ross, 1994. "Open regionalism: Its analytic basis and relevance to the international system," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 273-290.
- Soloaga, Isidro & Winters, L. Alan, 1999.
"Regionalism in the Nineties: What Effect on Trade?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2183, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Soloaga, Isidro & Alan Wintersb, L., 2001. "Regionalism in the nineties: what effect on trade?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Drysdale, Peter & Garnaut, Ross, 1982. "Trade Intensities and the Analysis of Bilateral Trade Flows in a Many-Country World : A Survey," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 22(2), pages 62-84, February.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1997. "Regional Trading Blocs in the World Economic System," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 72, July.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Shang-Jin Wei, 1998. "Regionalization of World Trade and Currencies: Economics and Politics," NBER Chapters, in: The Regionalization of the World Economy, pages 189-226 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter A. Petri, 1993. "The East Asian Trading Bloc: An Analytical History," NBER Chapters, in: Regionalism and Rivalry: Japan and the United States in Pacific Asia, pages 21-52 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Havrylyshyn, Oleh & Pritchett, Lant, 1991. "European trade patterns after the transition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 748, The World Bank.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Barry Eichengreen, 1995.
"Is Regionalism Simply a Diversion? Evidence From the Evolution of the EC and EFTA,"
NBER Working Papers
5283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Barry Eichengreen, 1997. "Is Regionalism Simply a Diversion? Evidence from the Evolution of the EC and EFTA," NBER Chapters, in: Regionalism versus Multilateral Trade Arrangements, NBER-EASE Volume 6, pages 141-168 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry, 1995. "Is Regionalism Simply a Diversion? Evidence from the Evolution of the EC and EFTA," CEPR Discussion Papers 1294, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Barry J. Eichengreen, 1995. "Is Regionalism Simply a Diversion? Evidence from the Evolution of the EC and EFTA," IMF Working Papers 95/109, International Monetary Fund.
- Michalopoulos, Constantine, 1999. "The integration of transition economies into the world trading system," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2182, The World Bank.
- Krueger, Anne O., 1997.
"Free trade agreements versus customs unions,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 169-187, October.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1997.
"Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?,"
NBER Working Papers
5978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1998. "Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 383-98, March.
- de Melo, Jaime & Panagariya, Arvind & Rodrik, Dani, 1992.
"The New Regionalism: A Country Perspective,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
715, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arvind Panagariya, 1994. "East Asia and the New Regionalism in World Trade," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(6), pages 817-839, November.
- Boisso, Dale & Ferrantino, Michael, 1997. "Economic Distance, Cultural Distance, and Openness in International Trade : Empirical Puzzles," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 12, pages 456-484.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
- Schiff, Maurice, 1997. "Small is Beautiful: Preferential Trade Agreements and the Impact of Country Size, Market Share, and Smuggling," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 12, pages 359-387.
- Peter Drysdale & Xinpeng Xu, 2004.
"Taiwan's Role in the Economic Architecture of East Asia and the Pacific,"
Asia Pacific Economic Papers
343, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Peter Drysdale & Xinpeng Xu, 2004. "Taiwan'S Role In The Economic Architecture Of East Asia And The Pacific," Trade Working Papers 22865, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Cipollina, Maria & Salvatici, Luca, 2006.
"Reciprocal Trade Agreements in Gravity Models: A Meta-analysis,"
18877, TRADEAG - Agricultural Trade Agreements.
- Maria Cipollina & Luca Salvatici, 2010. "Reciprocal Trade Agreements in Gravity Models: A Meta-Analysis," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 63-80, 02.
- Cipollina, Maria & Salvatici, Luca, 2007. "Reciprocal trade agreements in gravity models: a meta-analysis," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp07035, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Vivek Bhargava & Akash Dania, 2012. "Information dynamics effects from major world markets to SAARC nations," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 850-867, October.
- Richard Pomfret, 2004.
"Sequencing Trade and Monetary Integration: Issues and Applications to Asia,"
School of Economics Working Papers
2004-14, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Pomfret, Richard, 2005. "Sequencing trade and monetary integration: issues and application to Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 105-124, February.
- Cardamone, Paola, 2007.
"A survey of the assessments of the effectiveness of Preferential Trade Agreements using gravity models,"
7282, TRADEAG - Agricultural Trade Agreements.
- Cardamone, Paola, 2007. "A Survey of the Assessments of the Effectiveness of Preferential Trade Agreements using Gravity Models," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 60(4), pages 421-473.
- Jugurnath, Bhavish & Stewart, Mark & Brooks, Robert, 2007. "Asia/Pacific Regional Trade Agreements: An empirical study," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 974-987, December.
- Manchin, Miriam & Pelkmans-Balaoing, Annette O., 2008.
"Clothes without an Emperor: Analysis of the preferential tariffs in ASEAN,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 213-223, June.
- Miriam Manchin & Annette O. Pelkmans-Balaoing, 2007. "Clothes without an Emperor: Analysis of the Preferential Tariffs in ASEAN," Development Working Papers 223, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Clarete, Ramon L., 2. "Integration Options of ASEAN Transition Economies," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 1(2).
- Nazia Gul & Hafiz M. Yasin, 2011. "The Trade Potential of Pakistan: An Application of the Gravity Model," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 16(1), pages 23-62, Jan-Jun.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Onwuka, Kevin Odulukwe & Habibullah, Muzafar Shah, 2007. "Is a regional trade bloc a prelude to multilateral trade liberalization?: Empirical evidence from the ASEAN-5 economies," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 384-402, April.
- Christian Milelli, 2005. "The surge of Preferential Trade Agreements across Asia: What is at stake?," Post-Print halshs-00139467, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.