The economic and financial gains from water markets in Chile
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kling, Catherine L. & Weinberg, Marca & Wilen, James, 1993. "Water Markets and Water Quality," Staff General Research Papers 1572, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1994. "Markets in tradable water rights: Potential for efficiency gains in developing country water resource allocation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 1613-1625, November.
- Michael D. Rosen & Richard J. Sexton, 1993. "Irrigation Districts and Water Markets: An Application of Cooperative Decision-Making Theory," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 69(1), pages 39-53.
- James E. T. Moncur & Richard L. Pollock, 1988. "Scarcity Rents for Water: A Valuation and Pricing Model," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(1), pages 62-72.
- Dinar, Ariel & Letey, J., 1991. "Agricultural water marketing, allocative efficiency, and drainage reduction," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 210-223, May.
- Foellmi, Reto & Meister, Urs, 2011.
"Enhancing the Efficiency of Water Supply – Product Market Competition versus Trade,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8423, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Reto Foellmi & Urs Meister, 2012. "Enhancing the Efficiency of Water Supply—Product Market Competition Versus Trade," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 299-324, September.
- Föllmi, Reto & Meister, Urs, 2011. "Enhancing the Efficiency of Water Supply: Product Market Competition versus Trade," Economics Working Paper Series 1121, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Brennan, Donna C. & Scoccimarro, Michelle, 1999. "Issues in defining property rights to improve Australian water markets," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 43(1), March.
- Jian Xie, 2009. "Addressing China's Water Scarcity : Recommendations for Selected Water Resource Management Issues," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2585, October.
- Lankford, Bruce A., 2004. "Resource-centred thinking in river basins; should we revoke the crop water requirement approach to irrigation planning?," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 33-46, July.
- Takahashi, Taro & Aizaki, Hideo & Ge, Yingchun & Ma, Mingguo & Nakashima, Yasuhiro & Sato, Takeshi & Wang, Weizhen & Yamada, Nanae, 2013. "Agricultural water trade under farmland fragmentation: A simulation analysis of an irrigation district in northwestern China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 63-66.
- Vollaro, M. & Zavalloni, M. & Raggi, M. & Viaggi, D., 2013. "Potential for water use right market development in Italy: social acceptability in the context of climate change," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149912, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Hansen, Kristiana & Howitt, Richard E. & Williams, Jeffrey C., 2006. "Implementing Options Markets in California To Manage Water Supply Uncertainty," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21218, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Backeberg, G.R., 1997. "Water institutions, markets and decentralized resource management: Prospects for innovative policy reforms in irrigated agriculture," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 36(4), December.
- Sheila M. Olmstead, 2010. "The Economics of Managing Scarce Water Resources," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 179-198, Summer.
- Mansur, Erin T. & Olmstead, Sheila M., 2006.
"The Value of Scarce Water: Measuring the Inefficiency of Municipal Regulations,"
- Mansur, Erin T. & Olmstead, Sheila M., 2012. "The value of scarce water: Measuring the inefficiency of municipal regulations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 332-346.
- Erin T. Mansur & Sheila M. Olmstead, 2007. "The Value of Scarce Water: Measuring the Inefficiency of Municipal Regulations," NBER Working Papers 13513, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hearne, Robert R. & Trava, Jose L., 1997. "Water Markets in Mexico: Opportunities and Constraints," Discussion Papers 24145, International Institute for Environment and Development, Environmental Economics Programme.
- Francesco Prota, 2002. "Water Resources And Water Policies," Working Papers 8_2002, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Reto Foellmi & Urs Meister, 2004.
"Enhancing Efficiency of Water Supply – Product Market Competition versus Trade,"
- Reto Foellmi & Urs Meister, 2004. "Enhancing Efficiency of Water Supply - Product Market Compoetition versus Trade," Working Papers 0025, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Skurray, James H. & Roberts, E.J. & Pannell, David J., 2013. "Hydrological challenges to groundwater trading: lessons from south-west Western Australia," Working Papers 161073, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Garrick, Dustin & Whitten, Stuart M. & Coggan, Anthea, 2013. "Understanding the evolution and performance of water markets and allocation policy: A transaction costs analysis framework," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 195-205.
- Hansen, Kristiana & Howitt, Richard E. & Williams, Jeffrey C., 2005. "An Econometric Test of the Endogeneity of Institutions: Water Markets in the Western United States," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19548, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Easter, K William & Rosegrant, Mark W & Dinar, Ariel, 1999. "Formal and Informal Markets for Water: Institutions, Performance, and Constraints," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 99-116, February.
- Hassan, Roger, 2013. "A Thirst for Efficiency: Finding the Relationship between Water Trading and Agricultural Water Use Efficiency in the Murray-Darling Basin," 2013 Conference (57th), February 5-8, 2013, Sydney, Australia 152156, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Legras, Sophie & Lifran, Robert, 2006. "Designing Water Markets to Manage Coupled Externalities: An Application to Irrigation-Induced Salinity in Australia," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25350, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.