Agricultural water marketing, allocative efficiency, and drainage reduction
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
Volume (Year): 20 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ashar Aftab & Nick Hanley & Athanasios Kampas, 2007. "Co-ordinated environmental regulation: controlling non-point nitrate pollution while maintaining river flows," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 38(4), pages 573-593, December.
- Kan, Iddo & Schwabe, Kurt A. & Knapp, Keith C., 2002. "Microeconomics Of Irrigation With Saline Water," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(01), July.
- Francesco Prota, 2002. "Water Resources And Water Policies," Working Papers 8_2002, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Khanna, Madhu & Zilberman, David, 1997. "Incentives, precision technology and environmental protection," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 25-43, October.
- Wichelns, Dennis, 1999. "An economic model of waterlogging and salinization in arid regions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 475-491, September.
- Hearne, Robert R. & Trava, Jose L., 1997. "Water Markets in Mexico: Opportunities and Constraints," Discussion Papers 24145, International Institute for Environment and Development, Environmental Economics Programme.
- Dridi, Chokri & Khanna, Madhu, 2003. "Efficacy Of Water Trading Under Asymmetric Information And Implications For Technology Adoption," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22140, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lichtenberg, Erik, 2000.
"Agriculture And The Environment,"
28567, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Hearne, Robert R. & William Easter, K., 1997. "The economic and financial gains from water markets in Chile," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 187-199, January.
- Chokri Dridi & Madhu Khanna, 2004.
"Irrigation Technology Adoption and Gains from Water Trading under Asymmetric Information,"
- Chokri Dridi & Madhu Khanna, 2005. "Irrigation Technology Adoption and Gains from Water Trading under Asymmetric Information," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(2), pages 289-301.
- Beal, Diana J., 1996. "Emerging Issues in Risk Management in Farm Firms," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 64(03), December.
- Burke, Susan M. & Adams, Richard M., 1999. "Defining The 'Saving' In Agriculture Water When Irrigation Technology Is A Choice Variable: The Case Of The Klamath Basin," 1999 Annual Meeting, July 11-14, 1999, Fargo, ND 35683, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Escribano, Maria Jesus & Calatrava-Leyva, Javier, 2005. "Analysis of the Adoption of Irrigation Technologies Under Uncertain Water Availability," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24672, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alberto Garrido, 2007. "Water markets design and evidence from experimental economics," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 38(3), pages 311-330, November.
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Schleyer, Renato Gazmuri & Yadav, Satya N., 1995. "Water policy for efficient agricultural diversification: market-based approaches," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 203-223, June.
- Ashar Aftab & Nick Hanley & Athanasios Kampas & David Ogelthorpe, . "The Impact of River Flow Restrictions on Instruments to Control noPoint Nitrate Pollution," Working Papers 2003_13, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Sheila M. Olmstead, 2010. "The Economics of Managing Scarce Water Resources," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 179-198, Summer.
- Calatrava-Requena, Javier & Garrido, Alberto, 2003. "The Effects Of Spot Water Markets On The Economic Risk Derived From Variable Water Supply," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25885, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Easter, K. William & Feder, Gershon, 1996. "Water Institutions And Economic Incentives To Ameliorate Market And Government Failures," Staff Papers 14217, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Shi, Tian, 2006. "Simplifying complexity: Rationalising water entitlements in the Southern Connected River Murray System, Australia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 229-239, December.
- Hamilton, Stephen F. & Sproul, Thomas W. & Sunding, David & Zilberman, David, 2013. "Environmental Policy with Collective Waste Disposal," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151142, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Berck, Peter & Lipow, Jonathan, 1993. "Real and ideal water rights:the prospects for water-rights reform in Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt9hn2x3j5, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- José A. Gómez-Limón & Yolanda Martínez Martínez, 2004. "Multicriteria Modelling of Irrigation Water Market at Basin Level," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/26, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.