An Empirical Analysis of Istanbul Stock Exchange Sub-Indexes
AbstractThis paper analyzes possible cointegration relations among the sub-indexes of the Istanbul Stock Exchange series - services sector, industry sector and financial sector - for the period from February 1, 1997 to September 24, 2003. The data is analyzed by using various methods initiated by Engle and Granger (1987), Johansen (1988) and Akdi (1995). The basic finding of this study is that none of these methods suggest the presence of cointegrating relationships among these indexes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Gruyter in its journal Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 9 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.degruyter.com
Other versions of this item:
- Hakan Berument & Yýlmaz Akdi & Cemal Atakan, 2006. "An Empirical Analysis of Istanbul Stock Exchange Sub-Indexes," Departmental Working Papers 0602, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akdi, Yilmaz & Berument, Hakan & Mümin Cilasun, Seyit, 2006.
"The relationship between different price indices: Evidence from Turkey,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 360(2), pages 483-492.
- Hakan Berument & Seyit Mümin Cilasun & Yýlmaz Akdi, 2006. "The Relationship Between Different Price Indices : Evidence from Turkey," Departmental Working Papers 0603, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Yilmaz Akdi & Koray Kalafatcilar & Kivilcim Metin-Ozcan, 2010. "Application of Periodogram-Based Cointegration Test for the Analysis of the Services and Goods Sector Inflations," International Econometric Review (IER), Econometric Research Association, vol. 2(1), pages 3-10, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.