The relationship between different price indices: Evidence from Turkey
AbstractA possible relationship between the Consumer Price Index and the Wholesale Price Index has been analyzed for long and short-run relationships. Conventional Engle and Granger [Estimation Test Econ. 55(1987) 2251–276] and Johansen's [J. Econ. Dyn. Control 12 (1988) 231–254] cointegration tests give mixed evidence for a possible long-run relationship between those two series. The model-free and seasonally robust periodogram-based test fails to reject the null of no-cointegration relationship. However, these two series move together in the short run.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 360 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Cointegration; Periodogram; Price indices;
Other versions of this item:
- Hakan Berument & Seyit Mümin Cilasun & Yýlmaz Akdi, 2006. "The Relationship Between Different Price Indices : Evidence from Turkey," Departmental Working Papers 0603, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Susanto Basu, 1994.
"Intermediate Goods and Business Cycles: Implications for Productivity and Welfare,"
NBER Working Papers
4817, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Basu, Susanto, 1995. "Intermediate Goods and Business Cycles: Implications for Productivity and Welfare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 512-31, June.
- Basu, S., 1993. "Intermediate Goods and Business Cycles: Implications for Productivity and Welfare," Papers 93-23, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Frank Westermann, 2003.
"Sectoral trends and cycles in Germany,"
Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 141-156, January.
- Hakan Berument & Yýlmaz Akdi & Cemal Atakan, 2006.
"An Empirical Analysis of Istanbul Stock Exchange Sub-Indexes,"
Departmental Working Papers
0602, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Berument Hakan & Akdi Yilmaz & Atakan Cemal, 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of Istanbul Stock Exchange Sub-Indexes," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(3), pages 1-14, September.
- Todd E. Clark, 1999.
"The Responses Of Prices At Different Stages Of Production To Monetary Policy Shocks,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(3), pages 420-433, August.
- Todd E. Clark, 1996. "The responses of prices at different stages of production to monetary policy shocks," Research Working Paper 96-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Hecq, Alain, 1998. "Does seasonal adjustment induce common cycles?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 289-297, June.
- Jaebeom Kim, 2004. "Short run real exchange rate dynamics: a SUR approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(14), pages 909-913.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Doroodian, K. & Boyd, Roy, 2003. "The linkage between oil price shocks and economic growth with inflation in the presence of technological advances: a CGE model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 989-1006, August.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1989.
"Building Blocks of Market Clearing Business Cycle Models,"
NBER Working Papers
3004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1989. "Building Blocks of Market Clearing Business Cycle Models," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1989, Volume 4, pages 247-302 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philip Hans Franses & Bart Hobijn, 1997. "Critical values for unit root tests in seasonal time series," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 25-48.
- Cubadda, Gianluca, 1999. "Common Cycles in Seasonal Non-stationary Time Series," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 273-91, May-June.
- Bukenya, James O. & Labys, Walter C., 2007. "Do fluctuations in wine stocks affect wine prices?," Working Papers 37317, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Rao, Nasir Hamid & Bukhari, Syed Kalim Hyder, 2010.
"Asymmetric Shocks and Co-movement of Price Indices,"
28723, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nasir Hamid Rao & Syed Kalim Hyder Bukhari, 2011. "Asymmetric Shocks and Co-movement of Price Indices," Working Papers id:3569, eSocialSciences.
- Yilmaz Akdi & Koray Kalafatcilar & Kivilcim Metin-Ozcan, 2010. "Application of Periodogram-Based Cointegration Test for the Analysis of the Services and Goods Sector Inflations," International Econometric Review (IER), Econometric Research Association, vol. 2(1), pages 3-10, April.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Kumar, A.T.K. & Mohammad, Iqbal Tahir, 2012.
"Does CPI Granger-Cause WPI? New Extensions from Frequency Domain Approach in Pakistan,"
38816, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 May 2012.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Tahir, Mohammad Iqbal, 2012. "Does CPI Granger-cause WPI? New extensions from frequency domain approach in Pakistan," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1592-1597.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.