The impact of the financial crisis on supply
AbstractOutput fell sharply in the United Kingdom during the recent global financial crisis, some of which is likely to have reflected a contraction in the economy’s supply capacity. This article considers the impact of financial crises on supply and the potential channels through which supply may have been affected during the recent recession. It is likely that the downturn has resulted in a fall in companies’ effective supply capacity although the magnitude of that impairment is difficult to gauge.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bank of England in its journal Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 50 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Publications Group Bank of England Threadneedle Street London EC2R 8AH
Phone: +44 (0)171 601 4030
Fax: +44 (0)171 601 5196
Web page: http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernandez-Corugedo, Emilio & McMahon, Michael & Millard, Stephen & Rachel, Lukasz, 2011.
"Understanding the macroeconomic effects of working capital in the United Kingdom,"
Bank of England working papers
422, Bank of England.
- Fernandez-Corugedo, Emilio & McMahon, Michael & Millard, Stephen & Rachel, Lukasz, 2011. "Understanding the macroeconomic effects of working capital in the United Kingdom," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 959, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Burgess, Stephen, 2011. "Measuring financial sector output and its contribution to UK GDP," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, Bank of England, vol. 51(3), pages 234-246.
- Richard Blundell & Claire Crawford & Wenchao Jin, 2014.
"What Can Wages and Employment Tell Us about the UK's Productivity Puzzle?,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society,
Royal Economic Society, vol. 0(576), pages 377-407, 05.
- Richard Blundell & Claire Crawford & Wenchao (Michelle) Jin, 2013. "What can wages and employment tell us about the UK's productivity puzzle?," IFS Working Papers, Institute for Fiscal Studies W13/11, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Barnett, Alina & Batten, Sandra & Chiu, Adrian & Franklin, Jeremy & Sebastia-Barriel, Maria, 2014. "The UK productivity puzzle," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, Bank of England, vol. 54(2), pages 114-128.
- Thomas, Ryland & Hills, Sally & Dimsdale, Nicholas, 2010. "The UK recession in context — what do three centuries of data tell us?," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, Bank of England, vol. 50(4), pages 277-291.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Group).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.