The gender pay gap in Russia during the transition, 1992-96
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in its journal The Economics of Transition.
Volume (Year): 7 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: One Exchange Square, London EC2A 2JN
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0967-0750
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Reilly, Barry, 1997. "The Gender Pay Gap in Russia During the Transition( 1992-96)," Discussion Papers in Economics 04/97, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blau, Francine D & Kahn, Lawrence M, 1992. "The Gender Earnings Gap: Learning from International Comparisons," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 533-38, May.
- Andrew Newell & Barry Reilly, 1999.
"Rates of Return to Educational Qualifications in the Transitional Economies,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 67-84.
- Newell, Andrew & Reilly, Barry, 1997. "Rates of Return to Educational Qualifications in the Transitional Economies," Discussion Papers in Economics 03/97, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Juhn, Chinhui & Murphy, Kevin M & Pierce, Brooks, 1993. "Wage Inequality and the Rise in Returns to Skill," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 410-42, June.
- Orazem, Peter F. & Vodopivec, Milan, 1994.
"Winners and losers in transition : returns to education, experience, and gender in Slovenia,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1342, The World Bank.
- Orazem, Peter F & Vodopivec, Milan, 1995. "Winners and Losers in Transition: Returns to Education, Experience, and Gender in Slovenia," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(2), pages 201-30, May.
- Orazem, Peter & Vodopivec, Milan, 1995. "Winners and Losers in Transition: Returns to Education, Experience, and Gender in Slovenia," Staff General Research Papers 5270, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Suen, Wing, 1997. "Decomposing Wage Residuals: Unmeasured Skill or Statistical Artifact?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(3), pages 555-66, July.
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
- Newell, Andrew & Reilly, Barry, 1996. "The gender wage gap in Russia: Some empirical evidence," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 337-356, October.
- Gregory, Paul R & Kohlhase, Janet E, 1988. "The Earnings of Soviet Workers: Evidence from the Soviet Interview Project," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 23-35, February.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Blau, Francine D & Kahn, Lawrence M, 1994. "Rising Wage Inequality and the U.S. Gender Gap," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 23-28, May.
- Lokshin, Michael & Mullan Harris, Kathleen & Popkin, Barry, 2000.
"Single mothers in Russia - household strategies for coping with poverty,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2300, The World Bank.
- Lokshin, Michael & Harris, Kathleen Mullan & Popkin, Barry M., 2000. "Single Mothers in Russia: Household Strategies for Coping with Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2183-2198, December.
- Adamchik, A. & Bedi, A.S., 2001. "Persistence of the gender pay differential in a transition economy," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19091, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Dohmen, Thomas & Lehmann, Hartmut & Zaiceva, Anzelika, 2008.
"The Gender Earnings Gap inside a Russian Firm: First Evidence from Personnel Data – 1997 to 2002,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3428, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dohmen, Thomas & Lehmann, Hartmut & Zaiceva, Anzelika, 2008. "The gender earnings gap inside a Russian firm : first evidence from personnel data - 1997 to 2002," Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 41(2/3), pages 157-179.
- T. Dohmen & H. Lehmann & A. Zaiceva, 2008. "The Gender Earnings Gap inside a Russian Firm: First Evidence from Personnel Data ? 1997 to 2002," Working Papers 633, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Coral del Río & Carlos Gradín & Olga Cantó, 2006.
"The measurement of gender wage discrimination: The distributional approach revisited,"
25, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Coral Río & Carlos Gradín & Olga Cantó, 2011. "The measurement of gender wage discrimination: the distributional approach revisited," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 57-86, March.
- Coral del Río Otero & Carlos Gradín Lago & Olga Cantó Sánchez, . "The measurement of gender wage discrimination: the distributional approach revisited," Studies on the Spanish Economy 192, FEDEA.
- Mihails Hazans, 2003. "Returns to Education in the Baltic Countries," SSE Riga/BICEPS Research Papers 2003-1, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies (BICEPS) and Stockholm School of Economics in Riga (SSE Riga).
- Christopher Gerry & Byung-Yeon Kim & Carmen A Li, 2002.
"The Gender Wage Gap and Wage Arrears in Russia: Evidence from the RLMS,"
24 Key Words: RLMS, gende, CENTRE FOR THE STUDY OF ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL CHANGE IN EUROPE,School of Slavonic and East European Studies,University College London (SSEES,UCL).
- Christopher J. Gerry & Byung-Yeon Kim & Carmen A Li, 2004. "The gender wage gap and wage arrears in Russia: Evidence from the RLMS," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 267-288, 06.
- Christopher J. Gerry & Byung-Yeon Kim & Carmen A. Li, 2001. "The Gender Wage Gap and Wage Arrears in Russia: Evidence from the RLMS," Economics Discussion Papers 533, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- repec:iab:iabzaf:v:41:i:2/3:p:157-179 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.