Sovereigns in Distress: Do They Need Bankruptcy?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution in its journal Brookings Papers on Economic Activity.
Volume (Year): 33 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1775 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington DC 20036
Phone: (202) 797-6000
Fax: (202) 797-6004
Web page: http://www.brookings.edu/economics.aspx
More information through EDIRC
macroeconomics; sovereign debt; new bankruptcy arrangements; Sovereigns; Distress; Bankruptcy;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Urs W. Birchler & Dominik Egli, 2003. "Ein neues Bankinsolvenzrecht für die Schweiz," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 139(II), pages 125-154, June.
- Thomas, Jonathan P., 2003.
"Bankruptcy Proceedings for Sovereign State Insolvency and their Effect on Capital Flows,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Thomas, Jonathan P., 2004. "Bankruptcy proceedings for sovereign state insolvency and their effect on capital flows," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 341-361.
- Jonathan Thomas, 2004. "Bankruptcy Proceedings for Sovereign State Insolvency and their Effect on Capital Flows," ESE Discussion Papers 93, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Hallak, Issam, 2002. "Why borrowers pay premiums to larger lenders: Empirical evidence from sovereign syndicated loans," CFS Working Paper Series 2002/02, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Hallak, Issam, 2003. "Courts and sovereign eurobonds: Credibility of the judicial enforcement of repayment," CFS Working Paper Series 2003/34, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Andrei Shleifer, 2003.
"Will The Sovereign Debt Market Survive?,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
2000, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Michelle J. White, 2005. "Economic Analysis of Corporate and Personal Bankruptcy Law," NBER Working Papers 11536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew G Haldane & Adrian Penalver & Victoria Saporta & Hyun Song Shin, 2003.
"Analytics of sovereign debt restructuring,"
Bank of England working papers
203, Bank of England.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2003. "Restructuring Sovereign Debt," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 75-98, Fall.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eric Encarnacion).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.