Restructuring Sovereign Debt
AbstractThis paper provides new empirical evidence relevant to the debate over the desirability of reforms to the way that financial markets and the international community deal with sovereign debt crises. In particular, given the ongoing opposition of investors and some sovereigns to greater use of collective action clauses (CACs) in emerging market bonds, we present new evidence on the way that financial markets have priced the use or non-use of CACs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Perspectives.
Volume (Year): 17 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (Fall)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco Committeri & Francesco Spadafora, 2013.
"You Never Give Me Your Money? Sovereign Debt Crises, Collective Action Problems, and IMF Lending,"
IMF Working Papers
13/20, International Monetary Fund.
- Marco Committeri & Francesco Spadafora, 2013. "You never give me your money? Sovereign debt crises, collective action problems, and IMF lending," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 143, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bolton, Patrick & Jeanne, Olivier, 2005.
"Structuring and Restructuring Sovereign Debt: The Role of Seniority,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4901, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Patrick Bolton & Olivier Jeanne, 2005. "Structuring and Restructuring Sovereign Debt: The Role of Seniority," NBER Working Papers 11071, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen & Douglas A. Irwin, 2008. "International Economic Policy: Was There a Bush Doctrine?," NBER Working Papers 13831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diego Saravia, 2004.
"On the Role and E ects of IMF Seniority,"
Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings
131, Econometric Society.
- Garima Vasishtha, 2010.
"Domestic versus External Borrowing and Fiscal Policy in Emerging Markets,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(5), pages 1058-1074, November.
- Garima Vasishtha, 2007. "Domestic versus External Borrowing and Fiscal Policy in Emerging Markets," Working Papers 07-33, Bank of Canada.
- Rui Pedro Esteves, 2007. "Quis custodiet quem? Sovereign Debt and Bondholders` Protection Before 1914," Economics Series Working Papers 323, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Olivier Jeanne, 2004.
"Debt Maturity and the International Financial Architecture,"
IMF Working Papers
04/137, International Monetary Fund.
- Olivier Jeanne, 2009. "Debt Maturity and the International Financial Architecture," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(5), pages 2135-48, December.
- Goderis, Benedikt & Wagner, Wolf, 2009. "Credit Derivatives and Sovereign Debt Crises," MPRA Paper 17314, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Patrick Bolton & Olivier Jeanne, 2007.
"Structuring and Restructuring Sovereign Debt: The Role of a Bankruptcy Regime,"
IMF Working Papers
07/192, International Monetary Fund.
- Patrick Bolton & Olivier Jeanne, 2007. "Structuring and Restructuring Sovereign Debt: The Role of a Bankruptcy Regime," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115(6), pages 901-924, December.
- Boz, Emine, 2011.
"Sovereign default, private sector creditors, and the IFIs,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 70-82, January.
- Emine Boz, 2009. "Sovereign Default, Private Sector Creditors and the IFIs," IMF Working Papers 09/46, International Monetary Fund.
- Flores Prieto, Pedro & Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Andrade Olivas, Cesar, 2007.
"Evidencia empirica sobre deuda externa, inversion, y crecimiento en Mexico, 1980-2003
[Empirical evidence on foreign debt, investment, and growth in Mexico, 1980-2003]," MPRA Paper 9497, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2007.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.