U.S. Consumersâ€™ Valuation of Quality Attributes in Beef Products
AbstractA sample of U.S. consumers were surveyed in a choice based experiment in the Fall of 2005 and Spring 2006 to elicit consumersâ€™ preferences for quality attributes in beef products. Based on the resulting data, a random coefficients logit model is estimated, and consumersâ€™ willingness to pay for these quality attributes in beef products is obtained. The results indicate that consumers have strong valuation for traceability, grass-fed, and U.S. origin attributes in a standard rib-eye steak and are willing to pay a premium for these attributes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 43 (2011)
Issue (Month): 01 (February)
choice experiment; conjoint analysis; quality attributes; random parameters; Consumer/Household Economics; Marketing; Q10; Q1;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schulz, Lee L. & Schroeder, Ted C. & White, Katharine L., 2010.
"Value Of Beef Steak Branding: Hedonic Analysis Of Retail Scanner Data,"
2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado
61596, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Schulz, Lee L. & Schroeder, Ted C. & White, Katharine L., 2012. "Value of Beef Steak Branding: Hedonic Analysis of Retail Scanner Data," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 41(2), August.
- Schulz, Lee L. & Schroeder, Ted C. & White, Katharine L., 2012. "Value of Beef Steak Branding: Hedonic Analysis of Retail Scanner Data," Staff General Research Papers 35146, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lim, Kar Ho & Hu, Wuyang & Maynard, Leigh J. & Goddard, Ellen W., 2012. "Stated Preference and Perception Analysis for Traceable and BSE-tested Beef: An Application of Mixed Error-Component Logit Model," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124784, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.