Demand For Wheat Classes By Pacific Rim Countries
AbstractThe transcendental logarithmic function is used to derive demand functions which are estimated for wheat classes imported by Pacific Rim countries. Results indicate substantial differences exist in underlying demand parameters for wheat of different classes as well as across countries. In addition, the expenditure level has important impacts on the distribution of imported wheat classes, and preferences have shifted significantly through time, generally toward higher protein wheats.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (1994)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
Demand and Price Analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William L. Branson, 1972. "The Trade Effects of the 1971 Currency Realignments," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 3(1), pages 15-70.
- Lopez, Ramon E., 1982. "Applications Of Duality Theory To Agriculture," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 7(02), December.
- Wilson, William W., 1984. "Estimation Of Modal Demand Elasticities In Grain Transportation," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 9(02), December.
- Burgess, David F, 1974. "A Cost Minimization Approach to Import Demand Equations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(2), pages 225-34, May.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1979. "Interfuel Substitution and the Industrial Demand for Energy: An International Comparison," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(2), pages 169-79, May.
- Koo, Won W. & Mao, Weining & Sakurai, Takeshi, 2000. "Wheat demand in Japanese flour milling industry: a production theory approach," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 167-178, January.
- Dahl, Bruce L. & Wilson, William W., 1999. "Effect Of Hard Red Spring Wheat Consistency On Milling Value," Agricultural Economics Reports 23378, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Wilson, William W. & Dahl, Bruce L., 1998. "Grain Quality And North American Hard Wheat Exports," Trade Research Center Research Discussion Papers 29249, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics.
- Mohanty, Samarendu & Peterson, E. Wesley F., 1999. "Estimation Of Demand For Wheat By Classes For The United States And The European Union," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 28(2), October.
- Diersen, Matthew A. & Wilson, William W. & Johnson, D. Demcey, 1995. "Quality Uncertainty and Grain Merchandising Risk: Vomitoxin in Spring Wheat," Agricultural Economics Reports 23365, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Mao, Weining & Koo, Won W. & Suomala, Jon P. & Sakurai, Takeshi, 1997. "Wheat Import Demand In The Japanese Flour Milling Industry: A Production Theory Approach," AE Series 23089, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Wilson, William W., 1995. "Decentralization of Grain Trading: Trends, Implications, and Challenges," 1995 Conference (39th), February 14-16, 1995, Perth, Australia 148784, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Dahl, Bruce L. & Wilson, William W., 1996. "Grades/Classes Of Hard Wheats Exported From North America: Analysis Of Demand And Trends," Agricultural Economics Reports 23379, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Parcell, Joseph L. & Stiegert, Kyle W., 2001. "Japanese Demand For Wheat Characteristics: A Market Share Approach," 2001 Annual Meeting, July 8-11, 2001, Logan, Utah 36103, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Stiegert, Kyle W. & Blanc, Jean-Pierre, 1997. "Japanese Demand For Wheat Protein Quantity And Quality," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(01), July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.